cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when planned orders can reserve capacity

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts.

after MRP Run i had 3 planned orders, one of them for safety stoock and the others for PIR , and i converted one of Planned orders (For PIR) to Production order,,,,,,,,,,,,,when i made capacity evaluation for the work center using CM01........i found capacity requirements made for Production order and PIR Planned order but no requirements for safety stock order???? whyyyyyyyyyyy?

I want to know when planned orders can reserve capacity and when they cant.

thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abobakr,

I believe you are talking about creation of capacity requirements, not reservation of capacity.

Planned orders will create capacity requirements when

1. They are configured to generate capacity requirements during Detailed scheduling (OPU5)

2. They have been Detailed scheduled (either manually, or using MRP Scheduling 2 ''Lead time scheduling and capacity planning')

3. They are scheduled using a valid Routing which contains a capacity consuming (finite) work center in one of their operations.

A common reason to see planned orders that are not detailed scheduled is because of the way MRP is run, using Basic dates instead of lead time scheduling. Another common reason is that the routing is invalid, particularly due to the planned order containing dates that are outside the routing's effectivity dates.

Rgds,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to tightly control our capacities for our work centers and we have a lot of overload. Most of this overload is attributed to "Planned Orders".

I am wondering after I read Dogboy49 previous post if the TCODE CA96 creates a capacity requirement for the work center the routing contains; thus generating a Planned Order?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anybody?

Former Member
0 Kudos

maybe it is right that planned order make capacity requirement but dont reserve the capacity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Planned orders can not reserve the capcity , only production oreders will do the capacity reservations

Thanks

sreeni