cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating BI , EP and .NET web application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

We have SAP Enterprise Portal 6.0 and BI 7.0. Our requirement is to integrated a .NET web application with SAP Enterprise Portal.

We have install PDK .NET 2.5 for this requirement , but now my question is can PDK help us to present BI reports/data along with existing .NET application on the SAP Enterprise Portal.. I have surfed SDN but cudnt get any relevant information, so posting a thread to get experts view.

Any inputs will b very helpful

Thanks

Sonal....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately, PDK for .NET can not help you in this task. PDK for .NET does not have API for getting data from BI.

Best Regards,

Rima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rima,

Thanks for your valuable reply.

But can u suggest me any workaround or any other tool to achieve our requirements.

Thanks...

Sonal...

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sonal,

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with such kind of tools.

Regards,

Rima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

a solution might be to use the .NET Data Provider for NetWeaver BI for getting the data from BI (it's a certified solution for reporting), then with the PDK accessing this data as well as the other functionality in your .NET world and developing the iView using the PDK. Then you can deploy it to the Portal.

- Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen Daiberl,

Thanks for the reply

i have search for .NET Data Provider for NetWeaver BI but couldnt find the link for this except few forum discussion.. if u cud provide me a link for this framework. it would be a grt help.

P.S. : The db platform is Oracle for .Net Application

Thanks...

Sonal....

Edited by: Sonal Patel on May 27, 2009 11:30 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

you can find more information at http://www.microsoft.com/isv/sap/technology/interop/bi.aspx. If your DB is Oracle it would require a SQL Server in your landscape in order to run the .NET Data Provider which is part of SQL Server 2005/2008.

Juergen