cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling after entering Actual dates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Members,

I have a scenario where I want to reschedule the project after entering actual dates for the activity.

Lets say,

An activity was planned for Duration : 8 Days and work : 64 Hrs (Capacity is 8 hrs/day)

20.05.2009 to 28.05.2009

Now I am confirming the activity for the first time after say 4 days work :

20.05.2009 to 24.05.2009

but the work done is only 16 hrs.

Now the remaining work is 48 hrs in only 4 days.

Requirement is that... scheduling should shift the dates of the activity according to capacity and remaining work.

48 hrs can be completed in 6 days... so the finish date of activity should be increased by 2 days... from 28.05.2009 to 30.05.2009.

I hope I have put my requirement in a meaningful way... please help me on this...

(I know that instead of increasing the dates and delaying the project, it is recommended to overload the capacity and finish the activity withing the planned duration.. but I cant increase the capacity...)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Can you pls try ^& check with "flexible" indicator ticked at normal duration & "calculate duration" as calculation key. if your work is in time unit , probably this should work .. do let me know ..

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Deshmukh,

Not all activities are having time duration, also I have tried the option suggested by you, but I could not get the desired results.

@ Mr. Sharma,

I will try what you have suggested.

Thank you very much for it. I will let you know if I manage to get the desired result.

Regards,

Amol Sarode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amol,

I have come across the same business requirement in one of the project implementation.

So I had given a logic to my ABAPer to calculate the forecast duration and automatically bring the value in the internal activity screen.

The user exit used was CONFPS04, there is an include available where you can out the code for this enhancement.

Hence, whenever you will do the confirmation, as per the calculation you have given in your example, system will calculate & update the forecast duration field. Now, everytime you will do the scheduling, on the basis of the value in the forecast duration, system will schedule the project.

Regards,

Vikas D.

Former Member
0 Kudos

^

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here. While putting the confirmation you out the actual hours. Also put actual start date. Based on aobvre figures ( if you are folllowing forward scheduling for network activity. You will be able to see the scheduled finish date later than what was calculated before.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Mahendra Dighe

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Mahendra... the system does not behave in the way you have mentioned. (I am using forward scheduling)

If its working for you, please tell me what changes have you made...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Client does not want to put forecast finish date while confirmation of activity as number of activities is very high...

Please provide some other solution to the situation...

Thanks and Regards...