cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to use Safety Stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We maintained safety stock for Finished Goods.Let say my safely stock level is 10.& now in my stock only 10 Finished Goods item.when we are going to do PGI we are getting message "Only 0.000 PCS of material 1200001515 available" & "An item with no delivery quantity is not permitted. Item will be deleted".

We want to use sometime safety stock.

when we change the safety stock level,then we are able to do PGI.

is there any permanent other solution.so that next time when we want to use safety stock,we can use.

Regards

Pavan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Go to OPPR create MRP group with Share saety stock 100% and assigned this MRP group to finish product. Then it will work for you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done Safety stock as 100 in MRP group.but still i am unable to do PGI.

Can u please tell me in details.

Thanks

Pavan

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Have you assgined the MRP group in material master MRP 1view?

Or Activate the service level in material master MRP2 view so that % of safety stock will be conidered first for customer as per your requirement

If you are in MTo then you can convert this unrestricted stock into sale order assigned stock & it can be deliver. Also go to OPJJ (Availability check control) activate the include safety stock option.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now i can able to do PGI of whole safety stock,but now can i restrict % use of safety stock.

Regards

Pavan

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Yes you can do it goto OPPR, select your plant & MRP group. Select Share of safety stock. Input % value.

Say your safety stock is 100 qty. Share 10% means, you can use 10 qty in safety stock.

Assign this MRP group in material master. This 10 qty you can deliver.

Hope clear to you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pavan,

The message to which you refer is not for PGI, it is for delivery creation.

In order to create a Delivery, the system performs an Availability check. The ATP rules are dependent on the Checking Rule and on the Availbility checking group in the Material master. The symptoms you are getting indicate that your availability check is NOT including Safety stock.

Go to configuration transaction OVZ9. Select the Availability Checking group from your material master, and select Checking rule 'B' (delivery creation). If you want the ATP for deliveries to include safety stock, tick the 'include safety stock' item.

Rgds,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

During availability check, system checks only for ATP quantities.Please check this safety stock is allocated to any reservations.

Regards,

Rajarao.