Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATP logic and RLT

former_member681145
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Can you tell me the difference b/w ATP logic and RLT logic in availabity check i know both are working in invidually- but how it is controlling the functional wise i am not able to understand.

Pls dont give the answere wt is ATP and RLT how its works indvidually?.

I need the answer how functional wise it is differenciating the business function and controlling the availability check?

Regards

Ishikesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ishikesh,

I will try to explain this with example.

Say we ae considering one company ABC. and the customer is Mr TEST.

Now Mr Test wants 10 Pieces of one material say MAT on 25th May.

Now when Mr Test will give order to ABC, ABC will first check whether it is able to give the product on 25th may or not. So for that system will carry backward scheduling. So if its possibvle to give then schedule line will be created accordingly, Other wise if System says its not possible to deliver by 25th then it will do forward schduling and propose the new date. This is Called the ATP logic.

RLT : RLT is basically used when for making some poduct we require Raw material, for that we take some time. RLT is nothing but replenishment lead time. I.e the time taken to replenish the stock/raw material.

Hope the example will clear ur doubt.

Thanks,

Raja

former_member681145
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raja

This is the solution you have given to me yesterday and i do have some querries against same?

Say we ae considering one company ABC. and the customer is Mr TEST.

Now Mr Test wants 10 Pieces of one material say MAT on 25th May.

Now when Mr Test will give order to ABC, ABC will first check whether it is able to give the product on 25th may or not. So for that system will carry backward scheduling. So if its possibvle to give then schedule line will be created accordingly, Other wise if System says its not possible to deliver by 25th then it will do forward schduling and propose the new date. This is Called the ATP logic.

1. Here i understood where material is not confirming with backward scheduling and then sym will go for forward scheduling . I think this concept is general and which is not satisfying my answer.

My question is

Can you tell me the difference b/w ATP logic and RLT logic in availabity check .

Regards

Ishikesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ishikesh,

I will try again with same example :

See During ATP qty calculation the system checks that all the in hands orders are covered by

existing receipts and also whether qts are left to cover the new orders.

These qts

that have not been assigned constitute ATP qty

Example :

Requirements of material MAT Qty 10 pcs

stock 25 pcs

If material is checked for availability then the system says material is

available.

Now the modifications happend here and ATP Qty will become 25-10 = 15 pcs

This 15 pcs is now ATP Qty. Means if another customer will come and oRDER 17 piece then system will only confirm 15... that Available to Promise Quantity.

You can check this from MD44 transaction.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/f4/7d327a44af11d182b40000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

RLT Logic : The definition says that it is the time needed to produce the requested stock. It can be the time taken by the business to produce a material or the time to taken to procure it externally from a vendor. This includes the goods receipting time. RLT is the time taken for the material to become available. It is used only when doing ATP check. The value of RLT for a materail is specified on the material master.

Now say Mr TEST has ordered 17 quantity, but after ATP system will confirm 15 Qties and Remaining 2 qtys it will check based on RLT when it can confirm.

Hope i cleared your doubt. Do give ur feedback.

Thanks,

Raja

former_member681145
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

I am again thank to you

Here i want to notice 2 points.

1.Under this example we can see when customer order placing second time for 17 qtty sym will confirm only 15 qtty if the first order done PGI for 10 qtty other wise sym will give confirmation for 17 qtty.

That means ATP will tell us correct status only when PGIcompleted , here i want to know how we can control even though i have not done pgi i have done up to picking but sym should not check delivery qtty which i have been planned for other customer.

That is while checking availabity check sym tell us only confirm 15 qtty not 17 qtty even though not done PGI for 1st order.

2. I want try to pull out this point .

we know availabity check which will tell us whether material is available or not but where when we are doing availabity check with ATP wt additional advanatage we are getting other than normal availabity check?

Regards

Ishikesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ishikesh,

Ur first question :

In ATP availability check system will only confirm 15 Qties only, even if there is an order which was NOTPGIs but availability checked has happened.

Initial stock = 25 (say)

It means say there is one order no 1000, having 10 Qtys, And Availabiolity check has been carried Out.

So when u will enter new order say 1001 with Order Qtys 17, only 15 Qtys Will get Confirm.

This is Why ATP logic is there.

2nd Question : avialbility check can be carried out at three levels as explained by me earlier also.

So when you will enter order System will check the variopus open orders, Purchase requition, Production order etc collectively and propose the dates.

Thanks,

Raja

Edited by: Raja Singh Chhabeda on May 22, 2009 3:37 PM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

May be the belwo link will give you better picture of what you are looking for

[http://www.sapdb.info/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/availability-check-transfer-of-requirements_sales.pdf]

Regards

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ishikesh,

Can you be more specific what exactly are you looking for so that i can provide you the exact answer or information.

Regards

Rohit.

former_member681145
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Rohit,

i will replay you tmarww and now i am not with my sym

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

This is how ATP works

Available To Promise (ATP) is calculated from warehouse stock, planned inward movement of stock (purchase orders, planned orders etc.) & planned outward movement of stock (sales orders, deliveries, reservations etc.)

RLT is

Replenishment Lead Time (RLT) is time that is needed to order or produce requested material. RLT is calculated based on time maintained in master data.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

Regards

Rohit.

former_member681145
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Rohit,

Thanks for ur replay.

This is ur answer and i do have some querires against this ---

Available To Promise (ATP) is calculated from warehouse stock, planned inward movement of stock (purchase orders, planned orders etc.) & planned outward movement of stock (sales orders, deliveries, reservations etc.)

i do have 20 material stock out of that for 10 qtty i am creating sal order only no delivery and pgi and for 10 qtty i have created sale order ,delivery and picking but not done PGI.At the same time i am getting another 10 qtty order and i am creating sale order. at this point wt ATP logic wt tell us in sale order level ?

Regards

Ishikesh