cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM - Capacity usage based on SUT not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have set the Capacity indicator - '5' (Capacity usage based on SUT) for my storage type. I have also maintained the total capacity for my Storage Bin '01-01-01' as 100 & the capacity usage for my SUT is maintained as 12.

Now when I did one testing I found out that the system is not working as per the capacity check settings.

Following are the details of the scenario tested.

Actual Output

GR for 100 Qtys. TR got created for 100 Qtys.

I have defined the Palletization data as 10 Qtys/SUT1 (Pallet).

Now when I try to convert my TR into a TO. System proposes the Storage Bin '01-01-01' without any error.

Expected Output

As per the Capacity Check, only 8 pallets can be allowed(8x12) in Storage bin '01-01-01' since my total capacity/bin is 100.

But system is allowing me to putaway the entire qty in the same bin without any errors.

Hope my understanding of the Capacity Check based on SUT is correct & looking forward for your valuable suggestions to resolve this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I understand from your problem that system is working properly i.e the capacity usage for my SUT is maintained as 12. Where do you maintain this capacity usagae 12 in config.?

You are processing in 100 qty. means 10 SUT in bin. It seems Ok.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Thanks for the reply.

I have maintained the SUT capacity usage as in the Automatic Storage Bin type search - Storage unit types.

As per this System shall allow only 8 SUT's in my Storage Bin (say 01-01-01) with Total Capacity = 100.

Now its allowing 10 SUT's i.e 10x12(Capacity Usage of SUT) = 120. So 20 is exceeded in this case.

Hope you are clear now.

Thanks & Regards,

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your palletization data is 10 units in one SUT. Your capacity is 12 SUT. You are inwarding 100 nos. means 10 SUT. It means it is under limit.

Please check.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Even if I change the Palletization data to 15 Qtys system will allow.

As per my understanding Palletization data doesnt play any role if the capacity check is based on Usage for the SUT.

Check the below link.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/c6/f8456d4afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/content.htm]

Hope it will answer my doubt in a better way.

Thanks & Regards,

abhijit_sadhu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I did tried simulating your scenario, since we too have capacity check but with diffn nos. i was able to limit this with 8 pallets only at the time of putaway and at the 9th it gave me the following error

"Storage unit type XX exceeds remaining capacity by 8.000" ( 12 X 8 = 96 , 12X 9 =108, 108-96 = 12, 12-4 = 8 )

Is this what you are looking for. I think the settings you have mentioned are quite identical to what i have in my system

SUT LE = 12,

palletization data for material in WM 2 view = 10 / SUT

1) the only thing and im not sure is my putaway strategy . For my testing purpose, i have at it L and i had created only 1 bin, so i got this error

2) then i tested this by making the SUT LE = 13 , and i still got the error at time of putting away the 8th item - Storage unit type XX exceeds remaining capacity by 4.000

So could it be your putaway strategy ?

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I got it. thanks .

Please check as your putaway strategy as mentioned by Abhijit

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

In my system I am using the Putaway Strategy 'I' - Add to Existing Stock in my storage type settings so as per the capacity check which I have set based on SUT, System should putaway the Qty in the Bin.

Suppose If I change the Putaway Strategy to 'L' - Next Empty Bin then system will putaway the stock in the bin as per the LE_QTY (Palletization data in Material Master which is say 12/SUT) then as I mentioned above my GR qty is 100 & if I try to putaway this 100 Qty then system is proposing different bins as per the Putawy Strategy after Placing 12/SUT.

So in this case the capacity check based on SUT wont work Since I have defined a total capacity of 100 for Bin 01-01-01 & my SUT Capacity usage is 12 then when I do putaway 100 Qty in foreground system will putaway 12 Qty in Bin 01-01-01 as per Palletization in MM & determine 01-01-02 for the next 12 qty based on the putaway stgy 'L'.

In short, I guess the scenario which I am tryin to do & which is mentioned in the above help.sap link doesnt work if I use the putaway Strategy 'L'.

Hope you are clear.

Please check the scenario by using 'L' & 'I' putaway strategies , then you will get a better picture.

My Concern is even after using 'I' Putaway Strategy my system is not behaving in the way as it should be (as per the above link).

Thanks & Regards,

abhijit_sadhu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you please check if this SAP note is of any help

392776- Capacity Checks in WM

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit,

Thanks for the note.

I have gone through the note. So now which Putaway Strategy I have to use for my Storage type If I want to set the Capacity Check indicator '5' - Check based on SUT usage.

I have tested the Putaway Strategy - ' L' & while creating TO system was proposing different bin no:'s based on the Palletization data, so I checked by changing the bin no: manually (i.e same bin no: was given & while placing the 9th item I got the error Storage unit type exceeds the remaining capacity by 8'.

Can you suggest me the Putaway Strategy which I have maintain for my Storage type since I cant manually change the bin no: each time?

Hope its clear.

Thanks & Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone suggest a solution ?

Thanks & Regards,

abhijit_sadhu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Since "I" inst advisable with a check of 5 per the note , i was able to get this by changing the following:

1) Change the putaway strategy to a P

2) you have to choose either A or X for mixed storage

3) Activated the capacity check

Data kept same:

1) capacity check method = 5 ( same as before)

2) SU usage capacity = 12 ( same as before)

Go to Putaway strategy via LE-WM-Strategy-Define strategy for pallet , define bin sections as A , and enter 1 through 8 in 1,2 3 columns so that you create 8 sections or 10 or whatever ( for simplicity, assuming that i know before hand my capacity is 100 & only 8 su's are supposed to be in there ) .

now when you create your TO for 100, it will only let you put in 8 SU's . now my bin shows a capacity of 96 used , and capacity utilization of 100 % .

There could be many different variations, scenarios that can be exception. But i guess could be a starting point!

Thanks,

Also: your stock removal will be affected by having this strategy,since you will be allowed the max qty / SU to be removed at one time. So this is kinda flip side of this. again this is a way to do this, might not fit your scenario !

Edited by: Abhijit Sadhu on Jun 2, 2009 6:34 PM