Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Message Customize

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm thinking the good way that let the end user know how to use customized tranzaction.

For instance,

I've developed several program and assigned tranzaction code.

But many times my client asked me how to use them.

I want to customize help message of SAP.

Does anyone know how to do that?

Please, let me know.

Regards,

Koji.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koji,

What you can do is create transaction scripts. Transaction scripts are documents which indicate how to use a specific transactions. Most of the companies would have a transaction scripts for SAP std transactions. Similarly you can also create transaction scripts and attach it to the program, so that the end user can view the document on one click of the button and understand how its needs to be used.

There are many ways of atatching a document to a custom program. Either place the document on the server and pick it up or upload it in a z table in RAW format.

Both have its own advantages and disadvantages. Hope this info helps.

Cheers

VJ

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koji,

What you can do is create transaction scripts. Transaction scripts are documents which indicate how to use a specific transactions. Most of the companies would have a transaction scripts for SAP std transactions. Similarly you can also create transaction scripts and attach it to the program, so that the end user can view the document on one click of the button and understand how its needs to be used.

There are many ways of atatching a document to a custom program. Either place the document on the server and pick it up or upload it in a z table in RAW format.

Both have its own advantages and disadvantages. Hope this info helps.

Cheers

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the transaction is attached to a report program, you can simply create documentation for it using the fourth radio button from the top on the initial screen of SE38. This will cause the 'I' button to appear on the selection screen of the report.

Rob