Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search help Field positions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to change the field positions in the Hit List of a standard search help without using the access key?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Binu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Binju,

For standard search help field position changes does not require access key. Just go to change mode of search help, change Lpos, Spos values based on your requirement. Save these chagnes with customizing transport request and transport this to Quality/Production.

Thanks,

Vinay

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

u can change the field positions of a standard search help

without the help of access key.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Binju,

For standard search help field position changes does not require access key. Just go to change mode of search help, change Lpos, Spos values based on your requirement. Save these chagnes with customizing transport request and transport this to Quality/Production.

Thanks,

Vinay

0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

In that case will the modified standard search help appear in the SPAU list during an upgrade?

Can I do any type of change on a standard search help without the need of an access key or is it just the field positions?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Binu

0 Kudos

Hi Binju,

I am not sure whether this will be listed in SPAU during upgrade.

Yes, you didnt require access key to change field positions, add/delete search help parameters which are available in selection method i.e database/view fields for search help.

This change effect the search help assigned to data eleements and tables assigned in SAP, so be caution before doing the change. If your change is specific to a particular instance then go for append search help. Copy the search help and provide this search help as new tab to your standard search help.

Thanks,

Vinay

0 Kudos

Hi,

I added an Append help to a standard Help for test purpose but now the system doesnot allow me to delete it.

I get the message as "Search Help ZBUPA is still used in ABAP Dictionary

Due to use in Dictionary objects, the deletion cannot be performed."

Please advice.

Thanks,

Binu

0 Kudos

Hi Binju,

You have added ZBUPA search help to append search help and wants to delete ZBUPA search help. It is giving error as this search help is already used in the append search. You can not delete ZBUPA search help until you remove this search help under append search help, so please remove ZBUPA entry from append search help and delete ZBUPA search help.

You can know the search help used by clicking on 'Where-used list' from error message.

Thanks,

Vinay

0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

I have attempted to delete the Search Help from the Append Help as well as from the SE11 screen.

In both cases I am getting the same error message.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Binu

Former Member
0 Kudos