cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling Planned order created from Demand planning and Sales order in MTO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

In MTO\ Repetitive we genrate Dependent requirement from demand planning (PIR) after running MRP which finally planned order created but on the other hand in short term we have Sales order which generate planned order after running MRP(In MTO), How we should handle planned order generated from Demand planning and the ones generated from sales order.(both after MRP Running).

Regards

Babak Bolourchi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

What is your planning strategy?

Are you taking MRP run through MD50 for sales order? then system will generate the planned order for that sales order so it will appear in MD04 go in details of planned order in assignment tap of planned order you will get the sales order number.

And planned order through demand management there will be no sales order in assignment tap of planned order.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

Thanks for your Quick Reply

Since we have configuration material ,We have chosen Strategy 56 for our configurable material and 65 for material variant so that we can plan for our variant.In some cases it works but for handling planned order generated from PIR and from slaes order we don't know how it will work and addition to this when we want to confirm our sales order delivery we should change our strategy for material variant from 65 to 26,so we don't know what combination of stertegies is useful for us.and addition to Configurable material and material variant for assemblies and subassemblies and other components do we need strategy and what they should be.Could you help us about that?

Regards

Babak Bolourchi

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

You can combine the planning strategy also main as 56 and second as 65 and in demand managment MD61 you have the option select requirement type.

Then while creating sales order use MTO strategy and take MRP run through MD50 and then MD02.

and if you want to assign the stock to sales order then you and do it through MB1b with 412 E movement type.

As per my knowledge, generally 56 strategy only takes Sales Order Stock into consideration.

Consider setting the Individual/Collective indicator to 2.

Mark those characteristics that should have a usage probability in demand management as Relevant for planning.

Hope clear to you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

Sorry for lateness in Reply, I tried to change req type in MD61 but system didn't allow me to do that ,would you please explain me in detail how could I do it and what req type I should use for confirmation of sales order.

Also the reason of Runnig Mdo2 after MD50 and finally why we should use MB1b and relation between this and changing requirement type.an

Regards

Bolourchi