cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ppds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

i have header x and child y. both these are planned in APO. when i execute planning in planning run by just entering product X it creates planned order only for X there wont be any planned order for Y. but if i include Y also with X in planning run i am getting the planned order for Y. But this is not the way we do in PP Module right. If the bom components are in hundreds the client wont agree to list out all the child components.

the other problem with this kind of planning is, there is no link with start and end times between x and y. The start time for both x and y is shown as 8.00 am. even though the pds is correct and all the routing details are entered still the planned order is not created down the order. mine is a make to order scenario with strategy 20 in R3.

Pls guide

Vinay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

dfh

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the PP planning procedure for Y maintained in Product Master.

Set it to 3 Cover Dependent Requirements Immediately and run the PPDS Heuristic for X and Y should get planned as well if there are dependent requirements.

The next step once you have got planned orders for both X and Y would be to run a Scheduling (Bottom-up) Heuristic to line up the orders for Y prior to X.

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

which planning engine do you use for planning for the mentioned case?

also please check the following, if you are using SNP heuristic,

Using t-code /n/sapapo/snp01, please check whether you have put a tick on the following

1) Network (Heuristic).

and

2) Take into account found components in planning run.

Please let us know, if you are using some other engine.

Regards,

Prasad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have tried with all possible combination of planning precedures and heuristic. standard lots, planning of shortage, CTP. but the child never gets planned