Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel file upload throug

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi every one,

I have a requirement, to upload data from excel sheet to sap every month end, means some G/L posting from external system to sap, I need to interface this system with sap,

Here, in my external system, I have possibility to get month end data in Excel format; I need simply upload this into sap.

I have developed BAPI program for this, and its working fine. But now my problem is, my people want to execute this program in background, they ask me to do background schedule.

Here I know how to do background schedule, but my question is how system will respond in background in case of u2018ALSM_EXCEL_TO_INTERNAL_TABLEu2019 function module.

Please give the suggestions regarding to the excel upload in background schedule.

Regards,

Sreenu.

2 REPLIES 2

former_member438956
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi sreenu,

FM 'ALSM_EXCEL_TO_INTERNAL_TABLE' is used to take data from presentation server. Hence if u schedule the program in backgrnd then instead of using fm which takes data frm presentatn server use open dataset and read dataset command to read data from application server. place the file in appln server and change the program to read the data from open dataset and read dataset cmd.

Regards,

Anil N.

former_member556412
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please refer to the following link

It might give you some idea.

Regards,

Bhanu.