cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMC console is empty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I had some issue in my server, it was hanging.I just did run a trend micro scan(But i didnt install it).

After that i am trying to up my MMC console it no items are there.I try to up the services from OS level i am getting :Error 1069. The service did not start due to a logon failure.

But i didnt change any passwords and all.Now my console is not being up and its my Dev server.

kindly help me.

Regards,

Rakesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the service startsapsrv i guess in services.msc that is running or not, if not then try to start the service first.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear subash,

While i try to start my services from services.msc i am getting this error.One more thing in my services.msc i noremally have 3 services SAPI04_00 (Central instance) SAPI04_01(Dialog instance) SAPOSCOl but now i am listed only SAPI04_01 and SAPOSCOL. If i get SAPI04_00 only i ll get my instance in console.

Kindly help me..

Regards,

Rakesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Can anyone say paste me the start profile details here. I mean USR\sap\I04\SYS\profile\Startprofile details here pls. I think it had caused some problem here for me. it shows instance I04_01(Dialog instance) so i am not getting my main instance(I04_00 Central instance) in start. Still my console is empty.

Kindly suggest me a solution pls.

Regards,

Rakesh.

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just follow the note mentioned by Bhudev and le us know the outcome.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rakesh

try to reconfigure MMC and add your instances there and check the notes

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/49/0eb43799b4740ee10000000a421937/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I had did the same as said in that note but i am getting only my Dialog instance that too is not UP, its in yellow status only. As i mentioned in my start profile i have only I04_01. i dont have I04_00 files at all. How to include my instances here..

Regards,

Rakesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Kindly can anyone say me how to retrieve my services SAPI04_00. This service (central instance) itself missing in services.msc. If this service comes means i can start it through sapstartsrv but if i didnt get this service what are the posibilities.

Regards,

Rakesh.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If service for SAPI04_00 is missing that's when your need to use sapstartsrv.exe to recreate the service.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

create new instance service using sapstartsrv.exe and give the user as in other sap instance services like sidadm or sapservicesid while creating and then add the instance in the MMC by configuration link given to you

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are the details we need to give in sapstart.srv

SID : I04

NR : 00

Profile : C:\usr\sap\I04\SYS\profile\START_DVEBMGS00_ides

USER : ??

Pwd : ??

Do i need to create a user and assign all the rights as of I04adm user.

I created a user and gave it is giving a pop-up error Cannot install service

Create service failed: 421

The account name is invalid or does not exist, or the password is invalid.

Kindly guide me..

Regards,

Rakesh

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You must have a user for it already.... the username should be SAPservice<sid>

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ya i tried SIDadm and SAPserviceadm, for both the users i am getting the same error.

Regards,

Rakesh.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you look in "User and groups" if the accounts exist?... If the system is installed they must be there.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes first i look at the USERS and groups and this both users exists and While I use these in sapstartsrv i am getting that error, Is there any other way to create central instance and UP my server.Now my MMC console is empty.

Is there any other areas i need to check for this.Kindly guide me pls since my server is down from morning.

Regards,

Rakesh.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The account name is invalid or does not exist, or the password is invalid.

Change the password and try again.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I changed the password and still i am getting the same error,

Is there any other way to create a new instance since my MMC is empty.

Kindly suggest me a solution.

Regards,

Rakesh.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nope... you need to recreate the service in order to see the instance in the MMC.

Read,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/58/7d8f671e0fa54db744991e200f9111/frameset.htm

Also read SAP Note 142100

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sir,

While i am trying to create instance in sapstartsrv.

I gave SID : I04

NR :00

and user name and password were correct this time and i am getting a pop-up service not started.

Kindly guide me please..

Regards,

Rakesh.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use sapstartsrv.exe to remove the service first, then recreate the service and try again.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Juan,

One small query pls can u say me what is the start profile i need to mention there for

central instance lik:

"C:\usr\sap\I04\SYS\exe\run\sapstartsrv.exe" pf="C:\usr\sap\I04\SYS\profile\I04_DVEBMGS00_ides"

and for I04_01

"C:\usr\sap\I04\SYS\exe\run\sapstartsrv.exe" pf="C:\usr\sap\I04\SYS\profile\I04_DVEBMGS00_ides.1"

and for SAPOSCOL

C:\usr\sap\I04\D01\exe\SAPOSCOL.EXE service

is this paths correct am i in right way..

Regards,

Rakesh.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is clearly asking for the START profile, you are giving the instance profile.

Start profile has this format START_<instance>_<host>

You obviusly haven't read the documention

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Mr.Juan now i gave the correct C:\usr\sap\I04\SYS\profile\START_DVEBMGS00_ides i am getting the same error service not started.

Kindly help me ..

Regards,

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally i managed to UP the server but one thing i need to conform where can i change the password for

.\SAPServiceI04 user now i had given local system account for that.

Kindly say me where i can change password for .\SAPServiceI04 user and for .\i04adm user in the services it is refering that users.

regards,

Rakesh.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Local users and groups -> Users -> right click the user and press "set password"

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your helps...

Regards,

Rakesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Congrats you managed to up ur services.

could you please tell me in detail how did you managed.

I am getting the same error.

your agile response is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Abuzar Ehteshamuddin.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

follow these

Note 13141 - Error 1069:

Note 82751 - Problems with SAP Services & SAP Service Manager

Note 142100 - Windows: Problems with new SAP service as of Rel. 4.5B