cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defaulting UOM in to the shopping cart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My business requirement is that: ' EA' UOM to be defaulted in to the shopping cart for a non catalog item.

I have throught of UOM as an attribute, and I see that there is no standard SAP supplied a_ttribute.

I think of following options:

1. Create a cutomer attribute for UOM and make 'EA' as a default value in the Organization plan.

2. DOC_CHANGE_BADI and default the UOM as 'EA' for a non catalog item.

1. Can any body suggest me the procedure to create a custom attribute and complete procedure get the attribute to the Org model?

2. If the custom attribute is selected as part of Org model can I add the a default value 'EA' to this attribute, which will default values to the users while creating shopping cart?

3. In case the user selects an item from catalog, whether the UOM from catalog will overrite the default UOM derived from Org model?

4. Is there any other solution than above?

PV

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

peter_novoth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

from the case 1) I haven't seen a working scenario yet. But it wouldn't be enough to create the customer attribute, you would also need to handle it.

I would suggest the second way.This gives more flexibility, and is less effort to implement (e.g. in a Z* table you can do the assignment between the UOM and some other criteria you need; this can be checked via the BAdI, and the table can be mainained via a view).

Regards,

Peter

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have done custom attributes but as Peter said, it depends on how you want to handle it. Since it seems that the 'EA' requirement for non-catalog items is defacto regardless of scenario, the DOC_CHANGE_BADI it probably your best bet.

Regards, Dean.

Edited by: Dean Hinson on May 21, 2009 3:16 PM

Answers (0)