cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning Settlment rule to work order upon save of work order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PM experts,

Our client has a requirement of allocating the "Settlement rule" to the work order upon creation of the work order, Work order may be created in IW31 or in background, First the WBS element is required to be determined using a custom Z table and the WBS element is supposed to be assigned to the settlment rule upon saving of the work order...

The solution the client is using is actually SAP ISU, But PM is also used as work management for work orders...

Has anybody done this requirement before???...Do you know any user exit/BADI to cater for allocation of hte settlement rule upon creation of hte work order.

Many thanks...

regards

Mishan

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there any way of implementing the solution or it is the same as mentioned above. I too have received a similar requirement.

lenastodal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi divysing5

Many thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

peter_atkin
Active Contributor

Mishan,

Its an unorthodox way of doing things... but try using the same function modules as SAP uses to create/save settlement rules. The put the relevant code in user-exit IWO10009 (at order save).

Your ABAP programmer should be able to find these functionmodules by debugging the standard program.

PeteA

[www.pjas.com]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pete,

I had a look at hte exit, At the point of the exit the data is not committed to the database yet, If to do it through the exit it would be to play with the buffer/memory and donu2019t know if thatu2019s possible or even a good idea, any idea how else it could be done???...

Regards

Mishan

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I said, its an unorthodox way of doing things.

But I have seen it working...

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check out with this User-Exits IWO10027 - User exit: Generate user-defined settlement rule.

regards,

Venkatesan Anandan

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venkatesan Anandan,

This user-exit is only triggered when you enter the settlement rule screen.

I suspect that in this case, they do not want the user to determine the settlement rule(s), but should be determined by some customer logic.

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have seen exit IWO10027 and it is only triggered upon the user entering the settlemnt rule, Are you aware of any other way???...

Many thanks...

Regards

Mishan

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I said earlier... use IWO10009 (or suitable "at save" BADI) to automatically create the settlement rules using standard function modules.

It does work....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks pete,

Do you know the standard FM for assigning the settlement rule???...

regards

Mishan

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, don't have the info any more.

But have a look Function Group KOBS via TCode SE80

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am not clearly understanding your requirement.

Settlemnt rule can automatically created when you release the maintenance order. Yu have to so the setting in SPRO and made settlemnt rule mandatory for order release. Now if you want to copy WBS from some z table in tp the settlemnt rule there is one way. Copy the WBS from that table into the location tab:- WBS element field using user exit : IWO10009. So when ever the order is save the WBS will be copied in to the WBS field of the location tab in order. Now when you release the order, settlemnt rule will be created and Settlemnt rule will pick that WBS in the location tab automatically.

May be this is helpful to you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, Sorry I am new to PM, My requirement is not through config, The WBS element is determined during the "save" of the work order(not Release)...

If the WBS is determined through a custom table using the order type/activity type and control key, set the WBS in the "Additional Data" tab in the order(I beleive this can be done by user exit -> IWO10010)...

Once this is done I need to assign the WBS as the settlement rule to the order, Do u know of any exit to assign the settlement rule???...The exit that u indicate -> IWO10009 you cannot set the settlement rule cos there arnt any export parameters...

Any help would be much appreciated...

Regards

Mishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basically settlement rule is required at the time of settling the Order Cost to other cost object. Now order can not have any cost assigned to it until it is released.

So the best way for you will be just maintain in config the time when settlement rule in created to be the time of Release as suggested in previous post .

Hope that helps.

regards

Sabyasachi