cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage decision rejection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

What will be the procedure after rejecting the usage decision. Stock from quality moves from quality to Blocked. So i tried moving the stock from blocked to quality through the inventory movement transaction, for which it giving an error "Managed by QM view".

So what is the transaction should i use to get the stock back to quality.

What would i recommend to my User if he asked what should i do if the inspection lot is rejected.

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance,

Quantum.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When you take UD as Rejected against GR from procurement, it is recommended to post stock to return delivery ( Not to Block stock) so that return delivery is created immediately.

If your scenario demands that after rejection you have to post stock to Block stock then inform MM guy to create return delivery from block stock.

Atul

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Quantum

please check for the status of the inspection lot. is it CRTD ? Then it is to do with inspection plan availability. If it is REL then check whether the assignment tick and check char are available in the material master

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What will be the procedure after rejecting the usage decision. Stock from quality moves from quality to Blocked. So i tried moving the stock from blocked to quality through the inventory movement transaction, for which it giving an error "Managed by QM view".

A)When a lot is rejected means you have done RD :122 Mvt.

1.You can do 123 by activating 08 inspection type.

2.Go to MB1B and do 123 Mvt type

3.08 inspection type lot will be generated and Material will appear in quality can be seen thro' QA32.

4.Then UD can be taken.

B)When you move it to Block stock:

1. Then You can activate 08 inspection type.

2.Go to MB1B and do 349 Mvt type.

3.08 inspection type lot will be generated and Material will appear in quality can be seen thro' QA32.

4.Then UD can be taken.

I hope this will help you

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit

I followed the way you said.

Now the stock moved to quality and generated a inspection lot, but i cannot record results, as i got an error "no characterisitcs are available for the inspection lot". Did i miss anything there.

Normally we get this error, when there is no inspection plan or the date problem. Here i coudn't find the issue behind the error.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Quantum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

yes this issue is due to either

1.No inspection plan assigned to 08 inspection type(even thogh you hav ticked on Inspection plan. in QM view 08.

or

2. paln exists but check char is not tick in QM view inspection type 08.

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I still have the above problem with the inspection lot generation. Inspection lot is generated with a CRTD status. Inspection plan already exist for this material.

1. Do we need any changes in the configuration to activate the 08 inspection type? I have activated only 01 and 04 in the configuration.

2. Any change required in the master inspection plan?

Please advice.

Thanks,

Quantum.

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Quantum,

If inspection lot generated with ref to insp type 08 then create inspection plan with usage "9 - Material check". once you assgn this plan to lot then lot status would be REL and you can do RR & UD.

Make sure in SPRO that for 08 insp type you have maintained usage as 9.

hope this helps.

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nehal

Thanks for your quick responce. I have already maintained inspection plan with usage 5 and other inpection types are also activated for this material.

Can we have inspection plan with Usage 5 and 9? or i have to create another inspection plan with usage 9.

Thanks,

Quantum.

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

to use insp plan with insp type 08, you need to create another insp plan with usage 9.

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nehal

Thanks a lot for your quick reply.

What is the procedure you follow once the USage decision is rejected. Should i follow the same replied by our mate, 349 movement type to bring back the stock to quality to generate the inspection lot with an inspection type 08.

Thanks,

Quantum.

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Once QI has done his job and he has already rejected material then why you want to call back same material in QI area again? Why you want to create lot one more time to do inspection?

If you ask me then I suggest two option.

1) If you have rejected material because of poor quality then just return material to vendor with mov type 122 (Return to vendor).

or

2) Scrap it from QI itself with movement type 553 (GI scrapping QI).

hope this helps.

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nehal

Thanks for your suggestions.

My client scraps the material once UD is rejected. But trying to have a work around, if my user rejected the UD by mistake.

Thanks,

Quantum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nehal

Above issue is solved. I changed the usage in the configuration from 9 to 5 for the inspection type 08. System is not picking the inspection plan when the usage of inspection plan is different with the usage of inspection type. So i changed accordingly.

Thanks,

Quantum.