cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementation DLL Name (Linking business logic implementation)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sirs,

The 'User-Defined Object Registration Wizard' requires the "Implementation DLL Name" file.

Would appreciate it very much if someone could kindly advice where I can find relevant information or provide me with how-to generate the DLL file.

Best Regards,

Kunitomo - Tokyo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201110
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kunitomo,

The SDK Help Center does include some details and examples of how to do this. The DLL needs to be written in C++.

To view the Help Center documentation you need to install the SDK (which is available on the original SBO installation DVD or in any patch download). In the Help Center, go to the Customisation Tools--User-Defined Objects section and then there is a subsection called 'Extending Business Logic' which covers writing a C++ DLL to provide additional functionality.

Kind Regards,

Owen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Owen,

Thank you very much for the advice.

I search for the file that covers writing a C++ DLL however no luck to get to the exact file you mentioned.

Would it be possible to send me a link for the very document you mentioned?

Thank you again,

Kunitomo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kunitomo,

If you install the Business One SDK, then open the SDK help centre and follow this path it should be there:

Customisation Tools -> User defined Objects (UDOs) -> Creating a UDO -> Step 4 Extending Business Logic (Optional) -> Creating DLL File.

If your version of the help centre doesn't have this for some reason, send me a private message with your email address and I can send it to you.

Regards,

Niall

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kunimoto,

Do you have access to the SDK Help Center now?

It is also available on the SDN for download under:

> SAP Business One > Versions > SAP Business One 2007

> [SAP Business One 2007 SDK Help Center|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9039f9c0-b9f1-2a10-27bd-b08d4bd9d48c]

Notice that this is not the latest version available at the moment it should be updated soon. From there you all the information required as Niall said under

> Customization Tools > User-Defined Objects (UDOs) > Creating a UDO

Should you have any more specific questions let us know.

Kind Regards,

Friederike Mundt

SAP Business One Forums Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niall,

Many thanks for the advice.

Yes, I will definately need the Customisation Tools -> User defined Objects (UDOs) -> Creating a UDO -> Step 4 Extending Business Logic (Optional) -> Creating DLL File.

I replied to SAP Network [sapnetwork@sap.com] requested to forward to your attention. Would this work?

Thank you again for the advice and help.

Kunitomo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friederike,

Thank you very much for sending me the SDK Help Center document link nd Yes, I can see the DLL related documents now.

Definately some learning curve to go through for a while so hope you don't mind my persistant questions until I can have the UDO setup and running.

Your advice and help is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Kunitomo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kunitomo,

Just to clarify: The link did work for you now?

In the meantime I also sent a SAPMats container with the latest SDK Help Center Version. It was slightly updated so I would suggest to use that newer Version.

Kind Regards,

Friederike.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

edy_simon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Furuya,

Actually, it is not a mandatory. You can still register you UDO even without the DLL file.

If you register it with your DLL File, it would be much better.

Regards

edy