SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attributes in Articles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client ia a fashion retailer. They are looking to have 3-4 Attribute fields linked to an article.

These will be maily used for reporting purpose.

Any standard or non-standard way to do this.

Cheers

Barry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

We use characteristics to do this. We assign a class of type 026 to the merchandise category, and within in the class assign the characteristics/attributes. These are also then avaliable to be exported to BW and used in reporting.

Thanks

Lon

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

We use characteristics to do this. We assign a class of type 026 to the merchandise category, and within in the class assign the characteristics/attributes. These are also then avaliable to be exported to BW and used in reporting.

Thanks

Lon

0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you let me know in detail what configration you made.

I am looking at something that can be done at article level

Cheers

Barry

0 Kudos

If you want to work with characteristics, the following steps has to be done

- Create Merchandise categorie with TA WG21

- Create Characteristic (including values) with TA CT04

- Assign Characterirstic to merchandise category with TA WG22

- Create article in the merchandise category with TA MM41 - then you can assign the values of the characteristic article-based.

Regards

Tobias

0 Kudos

HI,

The process you have described will create generic articles with variants for me.

We already have generic articles with color/size characteristics. But furthur some some attributes are needed. EG in merchendise categogy : Shirts,

Attribute 1 : Formal / casual

Attribute 2 : Type of neck color : Italian/Chinese/American

Attribute 3 : Type of coufs : single button/ double button / with couflings

So these become the Attibutes that can be assigned to the article. Each article can have all or one of these attributes. These will primarily be used in reporting.

We do not want these attributes as Article Variants.

Cheers

Barry

0 Kudos

Hi,

when assigning the characteristic to the merchandise category, you can choose if the charasteric is only informative or to create variants.

If you choose informative, no variants will be created. The characteristic can be maintained in the article master.

If you don't want to use characteristics, you have to make an append to a article master table, e.g. MARA.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

I created Characteristics (Attributes) and assigned them to the Merchendise categories as Info only.

Now i have a generic artcile with Variants and the Info only characteristics assigned to it.

How can i assign the characteristic values of the Info Characteristic to variants ??

eg.

Characteristic = Attribute 1, has characteriestic values 1A, 1B,1C

I have a article with 4 variants

AA0001

AA0002

AA0003

AA0004

I want to assign

AA0001 - 1A

AA0002 - 1B

AA0003 - 1C

AA0004 - 1B

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

I hope I understand this question right.

If you create the generic article AA0, you get the 4 variants you described.

Now, you have to enter the article number of the variant in MM42, e.g. AA0001 and enter 1A as value. After that, enter article number of variant 2, e.g. AA0002 and enter 1B as value of the characteristic.

You can try to double-click in MM42 on the characteristic when entering the generic article AA0. Maybe you get something like a matrix (it works for some article master fields, I'm just not sure if also for characteristic and actually, I have no possibility to test it).

Regards

Tobias