cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.1 NetWeaver Adminstrator/STRUST configuration for SSL

george_hamilton
Participant
0 Kudos

We are trying to configure SSL on a PI 7.1 system. My understanding is that you either use the NWA or the ABAP stack STRUST functionality.

The problem is, when I try to configure a communication channel to use client authentication, the "SSL client SSL Client (Standard)" data is not visible to be selected in the communication channel when I just use STRUST.

But, if I try to export the certificate from the ABAP "SSL client SSL Client (Standard)" key store and import it into the JAVA client key store (with PKCS#12) it seems fine and I can select it in the communication channel. I can't export just the X.509 certificate as it needs a complete key pair (which makes sense).

But, later in STRUST the PSE entry for the client will go red (because it is maintained in the JAVA stack).

What is the problem here? In PI 7.0, I exported it from the ABAP stack and imported the certificate into the JAVA stack and everything was fine. I don't think I can ignore this because it happens every time.

You can't request two certificates because the unique name is the host name. Any help is appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello George

I have moved this thread to the Netweaver Administrator forum. You probably have a better chance of getting a quality answer to your query in the Netweaver Administrator forum.

Regards

Mark Smyth

XI/PI Moderator

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

george_hamilton
Participant
0 Kudos

Just an update to this: I've found that this behavior is correct and is fixed in SP08. It's an either or scenario for managing SSL via ABAP or JAVA. But, they share the same PSE's so this is why you get this error.

I still don't know how you can export Client certificates to the ABAP stack or vice versa.