Subcontracting Component Dropship
Here is my scenario:
1. Finished Product M requires components X, Y and Z.
2. Vendor A provides component X and ships it directly to subcontractor B.
3. On this PO, on the Delivery address tab we have entered subcontractor B as the vendor and set the 'SC vend' checkbox.
4. When the GR for the drop-ship PO is performed, the quantity is rightly posted to 'stock provided to subcontractor B'.
5. Components Y and Z are shipped to B from existing inventory via regular subcontract PO.
The problem is, when GR for the subcontract PO is performed, the system does not post an automatic goods issue for component X (this is not surprising since component X is not entered as a component on the subcontract PO). As a result component X stays in 'stock provided to subcontractor'... and the value of component X does not get included in the value of the finished product M when the GR for it is posted.
What am I missing? Should the drop-ship PO be linked to the subcontract PO somehow? How does the system know that component X also needs to be issued when the GR for the subcontract PO is performed?
Jürgen L replied
Read the description in the header of ME2O transaction. It is not called delivery due list, it is named subcontract stock monitoring vendor.
In other words it is the MMBE per vendor.
Once you do the MIGO for the dropshipment, the number in ME2O will change.