cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference Object Screens in QM notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

There are many fields in Reference object screen, but how do i see the fields while creating a QM notification. I see the standard screens 0520, 0500, etc.. and initial screens.

How can i have these fields show up in the Notification header?

Thanks

Jithin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor

Dear jithin

By copying i meant make the settings are per Q2/ F2 notification. This will give you the desired results

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I will try that.

Another Question. If i were to use the Action Box and use the "Enter Goods Movement" and modify the function module. How would i transfer stock to Quality? Currently the materials have inspection tyep "01" setup in the material master. Would i have to add another inspection type or can i use the function module with movement 322?

Thanks All.

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We can execute action box to execute follow-up function. With a follow-up function, the system executes the corresponding function module as soon as we execute the follow-up function in the action box.

With action box if you want to move stock to quality for inspection then you need to assign inspection type in material master. Once system will transfer stock in QI then it will create inspection lot for testing. If you don't want to create inspection lot then no need to assign inspection type.

For more information please refer following SAP help link.

[SAP Help1|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/dc/edbd3c793511d295d000a0c930e04c/content.htm]

[SAP help2|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/6a/9927b6e8ad11d1954800a0c930e04c/content.htm]

I hope it would help you.

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

I tried to make the Item number mandatory in the Items tab, but it does not work. Any idea? I went into screen template and for general objects tried to make the Item Number mandatory for the notification type. It lets me save without Item number.

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As suggested by Gajesh try to do same setting with custom QN type in test system and check if it works..

Thanks!!!

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member186399
Active Contributor

Dear Jithin

The best option is create your notification copy with Q2/F2. This notification already has the PO field

Regards

gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Copying does not seem to copy all the view, just the notification type.

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jithin

I think the item number will get mandatory only if you go to Item screen. Otherwise it will not ask for it

Please check and let me know

Regards

gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried a few things, but nothing seems to make the item mandatory. Anyone knows how to make any field in the item as mandatory through config?

Thanks

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One more suggestion, please check & let me know.

In Field Selection: General Screens, you will find different field. from this list guess you want to make "item number" as mandatory/ required field for notification Z2 type.

Put cursor on "item number" field and click on button with name Modified field (F2) - it should be at top left corner.

Here you will see couple of influencing field for this item number. Now you want to restrict item number based on QN type then put cursor on field notification type and click on button with name "New values" (Shift+F8).

Here you will see one pop-up, in first column enter QN type as Z2 and select radio indicator as Req. This way you can restrict field with ref to tcode, priority, origin, profile, etc...

Hope this would help you.

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the same steps i had followed, but it doesnt show that Item Number is mandatory. It allows me to save the notification without Item Number.

Any other idea through Config?

Thanks.

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear jithesh

What is the requirement ?

Regards

gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want add certain fields like the PO number in the notification where it can be input.

Thanks.

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are looking for the Purchasing Doc./ PO, Material Doc field then you can use Screen Area - 040: Reference Documents. Assign mentioned screen area to QN type in config.

Path to assign screen in SPRO:

SPRO --> QM --> Notification --> Notification creation --> Notification types --> Define screen template --> Define Screen Areas and Tabs --> Select QN type and click Extended view: tabscrripts and screen area.

Here your tab would be 10\TAB01 --> Select this tab and details --> here assign screen area as 040.

If you want to select field as mandatory then go here:

SPRO --> QM --> Notification --> Notification creation --> Notification types --> Define screen template --> Field Selection: General Screens --> Select radio button as per requirement.

Hope it would help you.

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been trying to do that but the PO number fields does not appear on the Tab. Since i made it required and i try to save it, it gives me a pop up that Fields PO number is required, but i do not see it anywhere.

Thanks.

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As suggested just assign "040" screen area in config, here you would be not able to see PO field.

Now In General screen area config just select PO field (VIQMEL-EKORG) as Input, then check in QN you should be able to see PO field in notification for selected QN.

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

All fields have default as "Input". I tried both Input and required, but for the required i get the error message Field PO Number is required, but i do not see it anywhere on the notification.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

from screen description like screens 0520, 0500, etc it is really difficult to Idetify how screen will reflect in header ...what you can do is just trial and error bt description of screens

also refer some STD Notifications this will help you..

Regards

Sujit