Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extending a datasource

charla_robertson
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are in the process of adding two new fields to an existing datasource in our R3 system. We are adding the fields to the 2lis_13_vdkon datasource via RSA6. We are populating the new fields through our user exit. I know prior to transporting to QA and PROD, the data must be pushed from LBWQ to RSA7, and then loaded into BW. I'm curious though if we need to redo our delta inits.

Thanks

Charla

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, you do not need to redo your delta inits. However, if you require the two new fields to be updated in your historical data in BW (BI), then you will need to delete the data in BI and refresh with either delta init with data or a full load.

Does this help.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sachinjakkaria
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes u have to redo all, if u want that fields value for ur old data(for data which has been loaded before enhancement is done). But dis time will be only init no delta coz all ur delta record will come in init itself.

Regards,

Sachinkumar.

charla_robertson
Participant
0 Kudos

I should have mentioned in my original post that we only require the new fields be populated on a go forward basis. We do not need them populated for the data that is already in the cube. Also, we are on version 3.5. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then you do not need to reinit.

Before importing your datasource changes in R/3, make sure you:

1. Run V3 to capture all billing data into delta queue.

2. Run delta infopackage twice (second time is to clear the delta repeat data saved in R/3).

3. Make sure the setup tables are empty for Billing data.

Next, import your R/3 changes.

Replicate the datasources to BW.

Import your BW changes (if any).

Last, run a delta IP again, just to make sure everything works! If it doesn't, then you can fix the problem without losing any delta data.

Reschedule your V3 job (LBWE).

Hope this helps.

charla_robertson
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your replies.