cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound Deliveries

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, I have a requirement to extract some Inbound Deliveries. From a functional perspective I have verified that the records I need are located in the R3 Tables LIKP and LIPS. The LIPS Record even have a reference to the original Sales order which is a big plus for us.

I can't seem to get a straight answer from the existing threads about this topic. Some people mention a custom extractor on LIKP and LIPS and other mention something about using MM Extractors. Very confusing.

I looked into extractor 2LIS_02_SCL and it doesn't seem to fit the bill.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/en/8d/bc383fe58d5900e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Could anyone tell me what I have to do or the correct way to extract these "Inbound Deliveries"?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No Standard Extract is available. Difficult at best to get this information

Former Member
0 Kudos
sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, The link just sends me to the very top hierarchy of the Procurement Documentation. Did you have any more pointed detail or location you could offer?

Thanks

Former Member
sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, thanks, but I can't seem to find what it is I'm looking for in the documentation. I can see the transactions I want in table LIPS and all of the fields I need (Orgin doc and ref doc). What should I do to extract these inbound deliveries? Somebody surely has to be extracting these inbound deliveries from LIPS?

Is there any standard extractor to get this information or do I definately need to build a custom extractor to pull these?

Also, If I do need a custom extractors what would be a good way to start this process?

Thanks again,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think that you will find a standard extractor for this. Those inbound deliveries are definitely not coming though the 2LIS_12_VC... extractors where all other deliveries are coming. We ended up in building a generic extractor on the tables LIKP and LIPS. There we will filter on a specific sales document category ( field VBTYP with the value 7) and / or some specific item categories (field PSTYV). Not sure whether we use both or just item category (no access to the system right now).

Hope it helps.

Stefan

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great! I just needed to make sure no one knew of any content already available for this! It's been a while since I've created extractors like this. I know we need the custom structure which I'll copy from the standard and we need a FM Interface.

Can you tell me how I might go forward from an ABAP Logic point of view to create the delta extract for this? I also don't see a timestamp in LIPS that can be used for delta?

Thanks again!

Edited by: Kenneth Murray on May 26, 2009 4:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

The delta can be achieved based on the two date fields ERDAT and AEDAT in LIPS. Since you have two delta relevant fields you can not use the standard date based generic delta mechanism. What I do normally do in those cases is to create a dummy date field in the extract structure which is used for the generic delta. In the FM (you can use RSAX_BIW_GET_DATA_SIMPLE as a template) the select on the tables would then look like this:

OPEN CURSOR WITH HOLD s_cursor FOR
      SELECT (s_s_if-t_fields) FROM lips
                               WHERE vbeln  IN l_r_vbeln AND
                                     ( erdat  IN l_r_delta_date OR
                                       aedat  IN l_r_delta_date ).

Depending on your volumes for this type of document and the frequency you can also consider a full load based on a simple view with the necessary restrictions in the view or in the InfoPackage. Then you basically need no programming, just create a generic datasource on this view.

Stefan

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Can you provide a little more detail about how to create a delta capable datasource for this extraction?

1. Do I need a Z Table to maintain the pointer?

2. How do I possibly create an extract structure for so much data? Copy the delivery structure?

Thanks again...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

I missed that one. Sorry!

Anyway, you don't need a Z-table here for the delta. You can use the fields ERDAT and AEDAT for that. Follow the following steps:

1) Define the extract structure with the fields you need, plus one additional field which you need for the delta processing. As a starting point you can take the existing extract structure of the normal delivery extractor.

2) Create a copy of the function module RSAX_BIW_GET_DATA_SIMPLE and adjust the copy according to your needs. In here you also implement the delta logic based on the field ERDAT and AEDAT (see my previous post). You will find some information on the function module extractor here: [https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2415] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];.

3) Create a generic data source. As generic delta field you take the dummy date field you added to the extract structure.

That's basically it. Especially for 2) you need some basic ABAP knowledge. Hope it helps.

Stefan