cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ume properties

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a dual stack NW 2004s environment using CUA to control userIDs and profiles. The CUA master is a seperate instance. I'm trying to get Portals to read the ABAP database for userIDs and passwords, but there is a bit of confusion on the ume parameters.

System Description Client

SM1 CUA Master 001

DB1 Portal owner 500

QB1 Portal owner 700

It appears that the portal for DB1 must point to ume.r3.connection.master.client 001 to validate a password. While all of our users would be defined in CUA, not all would be in each of the Portal systems. We are not using LDAP. For example, I would have assumed in the ume settings for DB1 I would specify the following:

ume.r3.connection.master.client 500

ume.r3.connection.master.user SAPJSF

ume.r3.connection.master.ashost fully qualified hostname for DB1

ume.r3.connection.master.sysnr system number of DB1

Would any of this be wrong?

TIA,

Russ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

what I am seeing makes no sense. In the System configuration, it at present has SAPJSF specified for the userID with client 001. The application server is set to localhost. On the server specified in the URL, user SAPJSF does not exist in client 001, but the test connection works. I would expect to have to either point the app server to SM1, where userID SAPJSF exists in client 001, or change the client as appropriate for the local host.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you do not want all your CUA user users to access portal then do not give them any portal roles.Also

what you can do here is make to different groups in abap database i.e portal & non-portal.