cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting CR2008 With flash file to PDF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure if this is the correct section but...

I am running cr2008 sp1 with Xcelsius Engage. I ahve created several charts, pie, column, bar to name a few. for each charts i create a flash file. I then embedd the flash file into my cr2008 report. I run a winform to display the report. When I display the report, the charts appear no problem; When I export the report to PDF format(Abode reader9). Whn I go into Adbode reader, the report displays the charts on several pages(the report is a summary reports that contains pie charts for each group on the report). My problem is that when I print the PDF file, page one prints the chart clearly, but the following pages )there are a total of four in all) pages 2 thru four contain the following ;

a gray box with the word initializing being displayed.

Has anyone have this problem and if so, how did you correct it..

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure if this will work. If you export from the Crystal Reports Designer to PDF format, do you get the same results?

Best Regards,

Jonathan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

DebanjanRouth; I not sure if I can reply to the e:mail notification that i recevied form you but I 'll tell you what i did here..

My application here has several cr2008 reports that the client can select at anyone time. What I did was to create a winform using VS2005 with Crystal Report Viewer 1embedded in the winform..

My main application is written in Visual Foxpro ver. 9 so I pass ceratin paramters to the winform; report name, etc and the winform/crystalrportsviewer displays the rports with the embedded Xcelsius2008 chart(s).

However, since the Xcelsius has several problms/bugs when it comes to printing I took the flash files out and used the Create chart in Crystal Reprots.not as pretty, but the results are the same...plus they print...

0 Kudos

Also note that the viewer in the .NET IDE is not the Windows.Forms viewer but the ActiveX CRViewer.dll. This is old COM technolgy and was not designed to support flash files. Build your app or run in debug/release mode so it uses the CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms viewer.

You also must install Service Pack 1 to resolve a few issues previous versions had.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don,

Can you please clarify which viewer DLL we should be using for printing Flash files? Your previous post is a little confusing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the info...What i had to do was upgrade my adobe reader to version 9...

then when i open the pdf file in adobe the charts appear no problem...never tried to click on the on the grey box..however...my problem was the printing from adobe...found out that this ios a limitaion of within PDF and flash files...apparently when you bring up the pdf file and your current page has the flash chart it prints...however if you have flash charts after that current page...they will not print...

had top go back to using cr charts to do the same thing...but there not as nice...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am really having trouble with what you have already accomplished. Done the same things though. Created a dashboard using Xcelsius 2008, embedded it in a report (along with flashvars) using Crystal Reports 2008.Then, I have added the .rpt file in a windows project in Visual Studio 2005. But the embedded swf file does not show in report designer in visual studio. And when I run the application the flash content is not displayed. However, when I export the report from the crystal report viewer toolbar to pdf format, I can see the flash content in the generated pdf file. Can you pls tell me how did you import the report file into visual studio so that the flash content shows up in the crystal report viewer.

Thanks in advance.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I got it to work on one of the machines here. I did notice that the graph objects took relatively long time to render when I was paging through them. In some instances i had to actually click on the graph place holder to get the graph to display. What happens if you click on the gray box?

Ludek