Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Not enough memory exception

I'm using CR2008 SP1 and I've developed an application in VB.NET that uses CR Viewer to previewer the reports.

I have the following problem: The users might print/preview more than 50 reports in the application.

When the number of reports opened and being previewed is reaching 50/60 i get the following error on report Load:

CrystalDecisions.Shared.CrystalReportsException: Load report failed. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800003E5): Failed to open report.
   at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.ReportClientDocumentClass.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options)
   at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options)
   at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened()
   at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename, OpenReportMethod openMethod, Int16 parentJob)
   at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename)
   at Primavera.Platform.Reports.Engine.ReportEngine.LoadFromCache(String sReport) in C:\prj32\ERP_750\GR\Platform\Componentes\Primavera.Platform.Reports\Engine\ReportEngine.vb:line 3664

I'm running my application under a Windows Vista with 3gb of memory. When this error happens my application is consuming around 650mb of memory and i still have 20% of my memory free.

Is this a limitation of CR2008?

Edited by: Jos Silva on May 20, 2009 8:47 PM - cvan't figure out why this thing doesn't get formated

Edited by: Jos Silva on May 21, 2009 11:06 AM

Edited by: Jos Silva on May 21, 2009 11:13 AM

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question