Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap script - dot matrix printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Kindly can anyone let me know if what has to be done to create a layout whose output needs to be taken from a DOT MATRIX PRINTER.

kinldy reply soon . It is urgent.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

While working with a DOT MATRIX PRINTER, you have to keep the following things in mind.

1.You cannot include graphics in your script

2.You cannot write box command or line command.

3.You have to have a font which is in your dot matrix printer on your system too so that you can use it.

In addition to everything you will have to check the allignments again and again by printing the script to check.They appear in the printing test than the actual printouts.

Hope it helps you a bit.

Good luck to print from DOT MATRIX

Regards,

Suruchi

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

good

for each and every sap script form you can take the print out in the dot matrix printer.As you have been asked about the layout you can design the layout as per your requirement,there no special layout for this.

Thanks

mrutyun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

there s no special setting required other than the Basis,ie, transaction SPAD wherein he enables u to take printout from any frontend printer.. now if ur page size is different from any standard one available in SAP, then u need to create the page format in SPAD as well as in the Server properties n set the printer property to drive output for the customised page.

any issue with this, do revert back..hope its helpful

Regards,

Bikash

0 Kudos

Hi Bikas

Can you please let me know how to create a new page format.Thank you for your previous answers.It was help ful.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

u need to have authorisation for creation of page formats in transaction SPAD. contact BASIS guy 4 this.

SPAD>Full administration>device types>Page formats>click on change button(if its not ther it means u dont have authorisation, contact basis)..there is create button..

after that u need to create a Format type using this Page format and add this format in ur device type.

Now, for ur printer to print according to ur page format, use server properties in ur system to create a page format of the same height/width n add it to ur printer..

hope it helps,

Regards,

Bikash

0 Kudos

Hi Bikas

I have created a sapscript for output in pre printed material. The paper has a height 5.5 inch. there is not standard page format for this . I need to create it .Can you let me know the complete steps involved in creation of page format.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

pl refer to my previous post for creation of page format..after u click on create button, it asks u for the size of the page, u just need to specify them correctly n save it.

then u need to add this page format to Format types as i mentioned earlier...

just give it a try in SPAD n bug me in case of problems..

Regards,

Bikash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

While working with a DOT MATRIX PRINTER, you have to keep the following things in mind.

1.You cannot include graphics in your script

2.You cannot write box command or line command.

3.You have to have a font which is in your dot matrix printer on your system too so that you can use it.

In addition to everything you will have to check the allignments again and again by printing the script to check.They appear in the printing test than the actual printouts.

Hope it helps you a bit.

Good luck to print from DOT MATRIX

Regards,

Suruchi