cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vertical Ruler and Preprinted Forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am creating a Bill of Lading in CR2008 which must be printed on a preprinted form on a dot matrix printer.

There are boxes which have to have information in them. I can measure on the form from the top and left where the data needs to go, but when looking at Crystal, it is hard to tell how the vertical ruler works.

In the Report Header, I have a 1 showing, then there is another 1 in the Page Header, another 1 in the Details.

How can you accurately measure from the top edge of the page down using the vertical ruler? Am I making this too complicated?

Thanks,

Gilley Estes

Welton USA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pretty much what he said. I just did an invoice and packlist on dot matrix printer with pre-printed forms. You have to determine whether the printer is doing 8 lpi or 6 lpi and 10, 12 or 15 cpi. Adjusting all of your sections to be a multiple of .125" or .167" will let you back in to the vertical positioning. Make sure you use a mono spaced font available on the printer (usually Courier New) and font size 8 for 15cpi, 10 for 12 cpi or 12 for 10 cpi. You can then figure your horizontal positions based on that.

It will take some tweaking after you layout your first pass.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The vertical ruler will always start at 0 for each section. it makes it difficult to align the vertical position.

A lot of trial and error on your part.