cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warehouse differences Post to default One.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

In wareshouse usually the differences post to sto type 999, but i want to post the differences to the same default one(same bin).

plz, suggest where to make the config, for the above.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per the SAP standard difference is posted in 999 storage type only. Your quetion is same bin .System takes the reference of inventory document number as a bin number while posting the difference.

Regards,

Prashant

abhijit_sadhu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Not sure , why would you want to do that. It could discrepancies in IM - WM stock.

Per SAP Help:

If you determine discrepancies during the confirmation process, you post the difference quantity to a logical interim storage type. The interim storage type is not a physical location since it does not occupy space in a warehouse; it serves merely as a type of clearing account.

In order to ensure that you have the same stock levels in Inventory Management (IM) and Warehouse Management (WM), you must pass on to Inventory Management all the stock differences that you determine in WM and subsequently correct them using the difference storage type (see also Clearing Differences).

You create a transfer order with a movement type that is provided for handling differences. The system posts the respective quant to the interim storage type for differences.

After you have posted the difference quantity to the interim storage type for differences, you can clear it from there as an inventory difference and then post the quantity to inventory management.

==============================================================================

So by posting the differences to the same bin, we could have some stock / bookkeeping issues, but would like to know if you post to the same bin, how do you plan to adjust that?

Just my thoughts ,

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

thanks a lot for your Quick reply.

we are not using any strategies, and we are using only fixed bin strategy.

Could u please explain me, with one example, how the IM and WM will effect , if the i impliment same bin.

Thanks

abhijit_sadhu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I dont think you would be able to implement same bin . Lets try

So Material M1 has a stock of 4 in WM & IM

So you do a count for a material M1 and find out in a bin (A1 ) that had 4 is short by 1. So you would record that in your inv doc and tell the system that you have noted the discrepency (again the same bin) in bin A1 for 1. Till this point your IM - WM stock is still at 4 . But you are telling the system - 1) M1 is only 3 in bin A1 and it also has 1 of M1 ( short quantity ) - Im not sure that the system allows to keep 2 seperate quants ( but with what status - there;s no differentiating charateristics - batch # , plant, sloc)differentialting these 2 quants , so do you again add the stock and make the quantity 4 ? i think that there are practical limitations for this.

That is why to handled differences you have 999 or a 998 bin defined, so that the discrepencies are correctly recorded in this bin and your bin is free of any system errors.

You can try to do this and see if this works ! Or other experts can suggest if this is doable.

Thanks,

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I mentioned bin number will be Inventory number.If you will keep the bin number same then it will be difficult to track the differences posted under inventory.

When you will post the difference in WM & IM it will be easy to track the details of inventory document & difference posted against the document.

I would like to know why you want same bin?

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abijit and Prasanth,

Thank you for your reply.

I have some questions about this requirement,

As you mentioned If the bin number will be Inventory number i.e

1.if I confirming a TO which created through PO and GR process, then the bin number is PO number and the storage type is GR Interim 902.

2.If i confirming a TO which created through delivery i.e when i create a delivery and TO is created thru VL06O. in this case difference bin number is Delivery number and the storage type is 916.

In above two cases how to clear the differences in 902 and 916.

How we adust the above differences, and thru wich Tcode, I tried thru LI20, it is not allwoing.

your help will greately appriciated.

Thanks

Sateesh

abhijit_sadhu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Why do you want to clear 902 or 916 types?

a) These by default are defined as "Do Not Allow Clearing in Storage Types" in Config.

b) These virtual bins are created for a specific purpose as to bridging IM - WM. So are you saying that

you want to carry out a physical inventory on virtual bins ? How are you defining stocks in a

virtual bin ?

Frankly if you are seeing stock in these interim bin, that means that you need to the subsequent steps of moving the stock out via LT01 / LT10. Now you can automate this as well.

The difference bin that you are assuming which will a PO # & a Del # isn't really a difference bin, these are a part of IM-WM functionality.

In the std system 999 is defined as a difference bin.

Hope this helps. Or define what is the issue you are facing !

Also requesting you to Please post new questions as new threads as it is easy to follow

Thanks,

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Abhijit has answered very well to questions raised by you. The interim storage types are never considered for inventory. They are made empty before inventory. Here the issue raised by the original member is of storage type 999 which we have already answered.

Regards,

PRashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit,

When you talked about VIRTUAL BINS, if it can be really mapped, I want to use this feature for my scenario.

We have a scenario, where in after picking from the BIn for a Sales delivery, the user places this picking in a BOX called as TOTE to carry it to the place for shipping or consolidation.

Infact I am struggling hard to bring these TOTES in SAP system since in our scenario, we have RF and Handhelds. These totes have barcodes to identify them by numbers.

Can we create Virtual Bins or Floating Bins in the warehouse and use them as totes?

Pls advice

Suraj

former_member435196
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj/ Sateesh

Use standard SAP field LTAP-ZEUGN --- (Certificate number) to capture/map the Tote number. See my reply in below thread

Thanks,

Milind

former_member435196
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj/ Sateesh

Use standard SAP field LTAP-ZEUGN --- (Certificate number) to capture/map the Tote number. See my reply in below thread

Thanks,

Milind