cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorting by a Key Figure in Query Designer

owen_carnes
Participant
0 Kudos

Is it possible to sort a query by a key figure in ascending or descending order? The default sorting is to sort the query by the characteristics, from left to right. Once the query is run in Web Analyzer, the user can sort the query by a key figure, but I am looking to embed the query in a Report, and I need it to be sorted.

Thanks,

Owen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Owen;

Try to create a workbook for that query.

Then, run the query and sort by the Key Figure. Where the KF is named you have that option.

Then save the workbook. Now, everytime it opens the sort will by the KF.

Hope it helps;

Regards;

Ricardo

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Owen,

Rakseh's option is correct - use Top N to sort in Descending order and Bottom N to sort in Ascending order.

Regards

Gill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Owen,

There is no option to achieve this in query designer. After executing the query only you can do it.

Regards,

Kams

owen_carnes
Participant
0 Kudos

So there is absolutely no way to insert a pre-sorted query into Report Designer?

Thanks,

Owen

former_member189638
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You could use conditions in query for sorting by Key Figure.

Use Top N or Bottom N option while creating the condition.

Hope this helps.

owen_carnes
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for the advice. I actually already had a condition on the query to report the top 15 materials invoiced, but I had it assigned to the "most detailed characteristic along the rows", when I needed to have it assigned to "Individual Chars. and Char. Combinations", and select all the characteristics. (The most detailed still reports the top 15 sizes, but it sorts the query based on the other characteristics.)