Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ztables ,maintenance view , delete record , consistency

edgar_almonte
Participant
0 Kudos

hello , i create a few ztables one with code and other with descriptions

let called it ztable01 -header , ztable02-descriptions

make ztable01 foreignkey of ztable02 , and i create 2 maintenance view for they ( one per table )

i create a record ( a new code ) in the ztable01 then i go to the ztable01 and create a new record using the code in create ztable01 ( search help show the new record ) now i go back to the ztable01 and delete that record of code used in the ztable02 and it allow me to delete it!!!! the abap dictionary don't do this kind of check ? i need config something special ? some info about ?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it shold do if the tables are defined with Foreign Key replationship. Not 100% Sure though.

0 Kudos

yes i did it but dont work

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

For ur requirement, create a custom table and a text table for description following below steps.

1. Create custom table . Eg- MANDT, COUNTRY are key fields

2. Create text table with field SPRAS (language), Country (this should have a foreign key field relationship with table from step 1. check radiobutton for -Key Fields of a text table) & Country Name.

3. Maintain Table maintain generator for table in step1.

4. If first table is maintained in step1 then description can also be maintained there. In background the text table will be automatically filled with the same entry in the logon language in which first table is maintained

5. If entry from first table is deleted , in turn it is deleted from text table too

0 Kudos

>

> HI

>

> For ur requirement, create a custom table and a text table for description following below steps.

>

> 1. Create custom table . Eg- MANDT, COUNTRY are key fields

> 2. Create text table with field SPRAS (language), Country (this should have a foreign key field relationship with table from step 1. check radiobutton for -Key Fields of a text table) & Country Name.

> 3. Maintain Table maintain generator for table in step1.

> 4. If first table is maintained in step1 then description can also be maintained there. In background the text table will be automatically filled with the same entry in the logon language in which first table is maintained

> 5. If entry from first table is deleted , in turn it is deleted from text table too

thanks for that but i already known how do that , my question was if sap don't do that integrity check for itself i mean in the abap dictionary , example that let me delete data that have relationship with other ( foreign keys relationship ).

the step 5 only happen with you do a maintained view with the second table how dependency ( maintained both table with the same view ) if that is you try to say i already known that , i was try maintained it with different maintenance view.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edgar,

Try adding the checks programmatically in table maintenance using the ABAP/4 Workbench.

Regards,

Nimish

0 Kudos

>

> Hi Edgar,

>

> Try adding the checks programmatically in table maintenance using the ABAP/4 Workbench.

>

> Regards,

> Nimish

yes i known that you can do that using the events of the maintenance views but my question is if abap dictionary don't do that integrity check.