cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Chart: Applying different markers to different data series

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a line chart with four data series plotted.

I want to have circles as markers for just one of the series and no markers for the other three series.

Yet as I manipulate the marker options under "Chart Area" and "Data Series Details" I can either have all four of my series with the same markers, or no markers at all.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Justin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved my own problem - under "Data Series Details" each of my data series needed to have "Line" selected.

Then I just needed to tweak my x axis labels and it was solved.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok that makes sense.

I created a copy of my display template that was originally set as a line, and changed it to custom.

Everything is constant in my new custom display template, except I changed the marker styles for my four different data series under the "Data Series Details" tab.

However when I run my display template a blank display returns, no data.

Under "Data Mapping" I have four value columns - any more help would be appreciated.

I'm relatively new to MII so please excuse my ignorance - I'm probably missing something simple.

Thanks,

Justin

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

Run you page again, and then check the Java Console for errors. In IE, it would be under Tools -> Sun Java Console. The Console can be a handy for diagnosing problems.

Kind Regards,

Diana Hoppe

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Switching from ChartType Line to Custom will allow you to control each line/marker individually. In Line mode the general settings and size apply to all pens in the chart.