cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimension attributes in BPC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Can dimension attributes be used as selection or filtering criteria inside BPC?

Thanks in advance,

Raffi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

esjewett
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raffi,

I'm assuming that you are asking about filters for reporting purposes. In this case, the answer is "yes" (it is "yes" for script logic as well, for that matter).

In order to build an expansion based on dimension properties in an EVDRE, open the control panel and right-click on the "MemberSet" field for the dimension you want to expand with a filter. Then choose the "EVDRE: Build Filter" menu item.

If you are not using EVDRE you can do the same sort of thing with many of the other BPC Excel functions including EvEXP, which allows you to specify an MDX filter on dimension member properties (among other things).

Ethan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any similar functionality in BPC 7.5 NW ?

I'm facing the problem that there are three keys in the row key range. The first row key is

filled by the members of a dimension. The second and third row should be filled by the

dependencies shown in the dimension members.

Is this possible or do I have to leverage script logic to use dependencies shown in master data for reporting oder planning purposes ?

Best regards,

Moritz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moritz,

DId you had oportunity to clarify your doubt?

How can i have dependencies of one dimension, based on the selection of another dimension?

Regards

Joã