cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports Dev8 install

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to get Crystal Reports Dev8 installed along with Seagate Info Desktop 7.5. I have tried installing Crystal first and then Info Desktop first. After installing the two, when an .rpt file is double clicked, Crystal will open but displays a blank gray page. The .rpt file can be dragged into the window and will open or File->Open will also open it. I have tried all sorts of extension association and reassociation with no luck. Does anyone out there know how to remedy this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm. You're working with products that have been out of support for over 10 years... so answers will probably be quite hard to come by. My suggestion; download the latest fix pack or service pack for CR 8 and see if that helps. The downloads are here:

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/bobj_download/main.htm

BTW., I'm not even sure if Seagate Info Desktop 7.5 was able to run version 8 reports, but that you can test easily enough.

Ludek

0 Kudos

Those versions did not support side by side install, that didn't happen until Crystal 8.5. Problem is both use the c:\windows\crystal folder to store the dll's and crpe32.dll and a few others were put into the \windows\system32 folder. Mixing versions was never supported in 8.0 and 7.5

No option but to keep them on separate PC's. But it's been a long time so I'm not %100 sure if this did work or not.

Answers (0)