Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM forms - Generic service data updation

nikhilkup
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created generic service to display some fields whcih were not there in SAP_PA service.

How to update these fields into their respective tables, which i have used in generic service. Where to do the coding for that.

Thanks,

Nikhil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

haha Good ol' Advanced/Enhanced Generic Services! SAP gives no examples of how to use them or build you own. Gotta love it! I would go into detail explaining here but there is just a lot you need to do to use them. Play around with it and you will figure it out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are also facing the same issue. How is the FLUSH method to be used to update fields with values from the form?

Is updating the database from workflow task a good idea/ the only possible solution?

We are trying to update infotype 1028, which is not a part of the SAP_PD framework. Please reply ASAP.

Thanks

RG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RG,

I also need to updte IT1028. I am using service SAP_PD.

Can you please guide me also how to achieve this.

Regards,

Ashish Gupta

nikhilkup
Active Participant
0 Kudos

SAP says we can update data using Advanced generic service BADI's, but still not sure how to use it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nikhil,

It is possible to update data (that falls outside SAP_PA/SAP_PT) thru Advanced Generic Service, you have to use FLUSH method in the BADI. If you are on EhP2, as an example you can see SAP delivered Adv Gen service for eRecruit. If you are on EhP4, SAP_PD service already takes care of updating any OM infotypes thru config.

Alternatively, you could add steps in WF to update data.

regards

Sridhar

nikhilkup
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

in flush method there is no parameter whcih gives me the values from form, then how to use this method ? also since ia m using EH2 there is no e.g. too

Edited by: Nikhil Poojari on Sep 14, 2009 6:22 AM

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A couple of approaches....

-What are the fields? If custom fields in infotypes, modify screen structure or create a new custom screen structure for the infotype. If a comepletly custom infotype, makes sure you have a custom screen structure. In both cases, SAP_PA can then handle this. If a custom field in some other custom table, see below.

-Enhanced Generic Service is meant for this if you want to do this as part of the form services itself

-Make the update in workflow......pull in the fields you need from the process container and then update as needed via custom code in the workflow task.

Hope this helps.

nikhilkup
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Chris,

1. I am using some standard IT (info types). The data will change automatically for standard IT, am i right or do we need to do some configuration for that.

2. In standard IT ther are Customer Fields which do not get displayed when we use the IT using SERVICE FIELDS wizard. how to get the customer fields and how to update them.

3. How to create customer screen structure.

Also Chris can you please reply to my previous question regarding workflow not trigerring. you have replied to it once but my doubt is still not clear.

Thanks Once again.

Edited by: Nikhil Poojari on May 21, 2009 6:02 AM