cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports Active Directory account locking

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have several users that when they try connecting to a ERP database using ther active directory, and ERP passwords trough Crystal Reports XI. The Active directory account locks immediately. I have installed Windows account lockout tools to see what is happening. If I try to log into the DB through Crystal Reports XI, the bad password count goes to three which locks the account. ANd I am unable to change the GPO policy due to coporate restrictions. Is there a way to have Crystal Reports to only try to log in once, and return a failed message.

Edited by: RICHARD SPRAY on May 20, 2009 9:56 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tim,

The product version 11.5.8.826

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I did a quick search and it doesn't look like the solution was ever documented. You can try a later patch or probably the best route is to open a case with support.

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tim,

I have installed Crystal Reports XI Release 2 SP5. And now if I enter the password wrong 2 times it will lock out. If there is anything else I can do please advise

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

To be more specific it's an enterprise patch not client that I was thinking about. It was in SP2ish. Do you know the service pack level of your enterprise server is at?

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tim,

To be more specific, I am on Crystal Reports XI Release 2. I will try to download the service packs and see what happenes

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I believe this was due to a product bug, you can try to patch to the latest SP, I don't recall if it was fixed in XIR1 or XIR2?

Regards,

Tim