cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing Conditions in Canada for Electronic Waste Stewardship

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have been asked to charge a set fee per unit for the Electronic Waste Stewardship program in Canada. Each Province could have slightly different rules but at this time I created an Access Sequence using Sales Org, Customer, Material, Region (this is the Ship-to Region). The problem I am seeing with this access sequence is we have a lot of customers and a lot of materials, so that requires a lot of master data (condition records). I need help to understand if there is a way that if I set the Access Sequence to be Sales Org, Material and Region . . . would there be a way to exclude certain customers . . . So the fee would apply to all unless the order was for a specific Sold-to (as some Sold-to's can opt out of the program, as they will handle the fee themselves).

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you mark the material or the customer? It sounds like you marked the customer, which I tried, and that seems to work, but is there a way to mark the material as well? Also, again since there are so many customers, is there way that if the customer condition group is blank that it will charge the fee, but if there is a code in that field it will not? I am thinking there will be more customers we need to charge than will be exempt? I set up my access sequence to look at sales org, material, region and condpricinggroup, but there doesn't seem to be a way to set up the condition with equal to blank?

Any ideas? Thanks,

Gina_Cowart
Explorer
0 Kudos

If you have more customers that will be charged the fee vs not, I would suggest you set up the fee by sales org, material, region. Then you could create a condition grp X value and assign that value to the customers that do not get charged the fee. In the pricing procedure for the fee condition you can have a requirment (ABAP include) that checks for the condition grp X value. The requirement would check for VBKD-KDKG1 equal to XX or not equal to null. If you have multiple materials you could use the material price group (Sales org 2 view) instead of material in the table for your access sequence. Hope this helps. I have also used requirements to inactivate a service fee (pricing condition) for certain material groups.

Gina_Cowart
Explorer
0 Kudos

We have a similar requirement for materials. Our solution was to mark the materials as relevant or not relevant for the surcharge. So I would recommend possibly using a customer defined field to indicate whether or not they are eligible for the fees. I suggest using one of the condition group 1 - 5 fields on the general data area. Click on Extras > Additional Data. Advantage is that these fields are already in the pricing catalog. Disadvantage may be that although there are 5 fields the values in configuration are the same for all five fields. I hope this gives you some ideas. Best of luck.