cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVS search help ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Is it possible to pass values to OVS Search help from the application.

EX. I have my application and i want to have OVS Search help based on user logged in.

Is it possible to pass user log in information(personl no) to OVS Help and based on this query the table and thus have values.

Any inputs ?

Edited by: Saurav Mago on May 20, 2009 7:07 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OVS is SAP Standard web dynpro component to show search help.

which provide you an Event Handler where you can write your code to have your own search screen elements and output fields.

in the Event Handler you can read PA0105 table to get the personnel number of the current logged in user sy-uname.

select single * from pa0105 into ls_pa0105 where userid = sy-uname and subtyp = '0001' and

begda le sy-datum and endda ge sy-datum.

Abhi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is possible to send data from application to OVS help.

Please specify ur scinario i will provide u the details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have post one blog on using OVS help in Web Dynpro ABAP in which i have shown the similar scenario.

You can refer that.

[OVS Help in WDA|/people/shruti.rathour/blog/2008/05/05/ovs-help-in-web-dynpro-abap ]

Regards

Shruti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solution

-

Save the 'importing data ' with in shared location such a way that it you should be able to fetch it in your ovs event handler.

set data for your OVS in event handler's if_wd_ovs=>co_phase_2 depending on your importing data.

Or

-

if your importing data is always the user, then no need to save it in shared location.

set data for your OVS in event handler's if_wd_ovs=>co_phase_2 depending on sy-uname.