Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDIC Activation Error during import of KB64002

former_member185751
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm running WebAS ABAP+J2EE system on Win2K/Oracle9.x environment with XI3.0. I've already applied KB64001 patch successfully.But when i appled KB64002 patch, the import went for around 18 hrs. when i checked the process overview, i found no process were running. So I terminated the import during the DDIC activation state.

Now when I tried to import again, the system status reads as "tp buffer prepared OK" for a very longtime.

I have the latest kernel patches applied to the system.

Please help in this regard.

THanks

Sridhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello folks,

The reason being program "RDDMASGL" running under User "DDIC" is not terminated.

Ensure to delete the entry from database. I deleted with the help of my ABAP friend via, debugging.

for your simplicity, here are the tables where you will have to delete the entry.

Database View: V_OP

Database Tables:TBTCO & TBTCP.

Delete the incorrect entry (with Job name - RDDMASGL, Status - Not Active) from these two tables.

The issue is resolved and the error "TP Buffer Prepared OK" flies away -

Hope you guys will find this tip helpful.

Let me know, if anyone of you have any issues.

Please award points, if it helps resolve your issue.

Regards,

Kamesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One little hint. Check your instance profile for the number of background processes. There should be at least 2 processes defined (use 3 processes). If there is only one processe reserver for background processing every import will fail because there are running two background jobs during import.

my experience showed me that this is mostly the problem when spam never comes to an end.

reagrds

daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

For the reason of no jobs being available to run background processes, make sure that transaction RZ03 shows no inconsistencies. Otherwise you will have to use transaction RZ04 to create new profiles and time schedules.

regards,

Huub Hellings

www.mydas.nl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shridhar,

Please try to put the latest sapevt.exe from the service market place. still problem update the kernel. or paste the transport log for that SP.

regards

Anand.M

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sridhar,

I think that is a question you should as in OSS and not in SDN.

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar

I am also having same problem tp buffer prepared OK" for a very longtime. Have you solved ur problem. If so please let me know how you have rectified the problem.

Thnak

Karan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I ran into the same problem lately.

What I did to resolve this:

1. Latest updates TP.EXE and R3TRANS.EXE

2. In STMS I deleted the faulty request from the buffer and added the requests again. (STMS, menu EXTRA).

Have fun !

Huub Hellings

SAP BC

isaac_deleon
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello colleagues.

I'm facing this <b>"tp buffer prepared OK"</b> for some days now.

I've tried everything I could think of, including Huub Hellings suggested procedure.

But nothing helped.

And a strange thing regarding Huub Hellings suggestion: when adding the request again (<i>Extras -> Other requests -> Add</i>), it is immediately displayed with "Import running" status!.

Regards,

Isaac.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Some day ago I met tp problem with SPAM.

I update the latest kernel patch,it not work.

So I try to <b>reinstall the central instance</b>, and all problem done.

have a try,and good luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karan/Sridhar

Hi Everybody

The Solution for the problem is to Schedule the Job RDDIMPDP in sm36 at periodic interval of 1 minute.

This program is needed for any transport to run.Whenever you see that a support pack import runs for long time,ensure that enough Background Processes are available, next check that this program is running.

The sapevnt event triggers this program.when this fails as a result the import runs for long time at stage

tp buffer prepared OK" .

Cheers

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Other potential solutions to DDIC Activation and TP BUFFER OK issue include the job RDDMASGL not having been executed or run and can be caused by a SYSTEM TIME ISSUE.

If you change that job and cause it to run immediate it can get the import of an add on package going again...

Former Member
0 Kudos

And other jobs that get created by the SAINT transaction as part of the import of add ons can have the same outcome.....it is related to system time and perhaps other factors....look at your job que as it is working and change the status of jobs so you can change the runtime to IMMEDIATE!!!