Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

configuration to Retain Amount of Vendors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Business Scenario :

I have an invoice from a Vendor for INR 10,000.00 i am informed to pay INR 9,000.00 by keeping the Balance INR 1,000.00 as retention for 1 year.

please help in configuration :

is there any way in Special GL to configure to Retain part Amount of Vendors.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In OBB8 create three new payment terms.

Payment terms A- select "installment payment" in payment terms section.

Don't enter any paymernt terms here.

Payment Terms B - Fill in necessary fields as per your requirement

Payment Terms C - Fill in necessary fields as per your requirement

Go to OBB9 make entries such as

Payment terms Installment % payment term

A 1 90 B

A 2 10 C

And to make the payment after 1 year you can use the options "additional months" while creating the paymentr terms C in OBB8.

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear all,

i cannot declare a payment term here bcoz to retain some amt was a ADHOC decision & not a a predefined term.

therefore please lemme kno if there's any way to track which invoice has retained money with us??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then I suggest you make a residual payment for 90000 and put a payment block on the new document created for 10000. Select change document - FB02

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, blocking is a good suggestion.

however if i block that particular invoice, may i be able to assign noted item (thru Spl GL), which will pop if i select that particular invoice for payment??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me see if i understand your situation correctly..

You have a vendor invoice on record for 10000 which has a payment block

A down payment is made to the vendor (by the way down payment request is the noted item, not down payment made)

When you try to make payment for the invoice for 10000 you want to get a pop up message about the down payment ? Please correct me if i am wrong.

If this is the case I don't think it is possible.may be you need to get help from ABAPer

However when you make payment for this invoice select the special GL indicators and can set off against the down payments.

Anil

Edited by: Anil Anand on May 21, 2009 12:43 PM

Edited by: Anil Anand on May 21, 2009 1:21 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Anil,

there's no down payment here.

i m making payment after booking invoice, of which a part is retained.

i want to configure a noted item thru Spl GL which should pop moment m trying to pay the retained part of that invoice.

please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can create an installment payment term and enter that payment term during vendor invoice entry (or default it from vendor master data). The installment payment term (OBB8) will have two child payment terms (OBB9) under it, one for 90% and one for 10% in your case. You can automatically block the 10% amount and release the payment block when the retention amount is ready for payment.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OBB8 - Payment Terms

OBB9 - Instalment Payment Term

Retaining something is not a special GL transaction. it is a normal transaction. You are withholding some amount of invoice. Therefore, create instalment payment method suitable to your requirement.

Regards,

Ravi