cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiprovider in IP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I've two realtime infocubes and I want to connect them through multiprovider to one input ready query.

Final query should looks like:

Characteristic A | 0Infoprovider| value

something 1 | infocube1 | 10000

something 2 | infocube 2 | 20000

The goal is to allow user to see data from both cube at the same time and simply insert values which will be then correctly saved into proper infocube.

Please could you help me how to manage this relatively simply task?

Many thanks

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sven_mader2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) create the infocubes with charateristics (f.e. 0costcenter, 0calyear and 0amount)

2) create a query: in the rows are

- the charateristics like 0costcenter

- with a structure: like region A (InfoCube A, filter 0infoprov with A) und region B (InfoCube B, filter 0infoprov with B)

- 0calyear is filtered by a variable

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys for your replies,

unfortunately I can't use structure in reporting, because characteristic which will be involved in planning (f.e costcenter) is dynamic and therefore there are changes almost every day.

If I create static structure in reporting I'll need modify this report everytime when there will be a change.

Does anybody know how should I use characteristic relationship with 0infoprovider infoprovider? I want display only valid combination ( 0infoprovider|correct characteristic| value).

When I tried to make some test the result was:

Something1 | infoCube1|

Something1| InfoCube2|

This is not correct, because Something1 is relevant only for InfoCube1 and not for InfoCube2.

Thanks

David

sven_mader2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

ahh, you want to check, that a value from infoObjekt only saved in one InfoProvider. ok.

=> put the characteristic 0infoprovider in the infoobject as an attribut.

BW checks the inputed values with the masterdata.

=> create for the planning cube a master data relationsship: between infoobjekt to the attribut.

Sven

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1. Create the MultiProvider and assign both cubes;

2. Create aggregation level

3. Create a workbook for the aggregate level.(Keeping the char,kf you want)

4. For costcentre create a variable which will be entered by user or detrmine at runtime by user exit.

5. Execute the report then layout will be ready for input and u can enter the data and save it.

Thanks

Debasish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello;

1. Create the MultiProvider and assign both cubes;

2. Create aggregation level

2.1 You must add Char A and KF. All the remaining chars / KF depends if you want to presented them in the layout or as a filter

2.1.1 I assume you don't want to plan in this query. Else, all the chars you don't have in the aggregate level will be filled with # when you plan.

3. Create layout adding Char 1 and InfoObject in Rows and KF in Columns.

4. Create a workbook for the aggregate level.

5. Tell me the result

Regards;

Ricardo