Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the system no

Santanu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I want to change the system no of my solution manager. As I need to apply a maintenance certificate . But the system no is differnet with the system registered in service market place. Now i am not able to apply the maintenance certificate hence no patch can be applied thru SPAM.

I tried deleting the system in service market but while creating new one i am not able to control the system no. The system no is generating automatically.

Any idea on this will be highly appreciated.

Regards

Santanu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santanu,

U can change SAP generated system. what system number found in our system. Pls change that note pad file. don't use SAP generated system number after installed successfully. then u can update the patches.

Regards

kesav

Santanu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Bingo..

Thank you Kesav problem solved.

Regards

Santanu

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this server having clusting .Can you please provide me the details .

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check that that you have added the correct system under correct System type

for Example for ECC system you take ERp System.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can change the system number in SAP Marketplace.

Just go to Data Administration -> System Data -> Choose the system -> Edit ->And chance the instance number under DB server and Application server tabs -> Save.

Thats it.

Regards

Juan

Santanu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Thanks for your reply.

But I want to change the system no , which is seen from SLICENCE like

Active Hardware Key G0329753365

Installation Number 0020245002

License Expires On 31.12.9999

System Number 000000000311119550

This system no is not matching with system registered in the service market. Hence any license downloaded from the service market giving the follwoing error when applying thru SLICENCE

This system's system number is "000000000311119550", but there is a license key for system number "000000000311177566" in the license key file.

I want to change this at any of the two i.e. service market or in the system.

Please suggest.

Regards

Santanu

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry i though you said instance number.

I think the best will be to contact your SAP Account Manager.

Regards

Juan

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First raise a message to SAP,as i have same problem some times ago. and i found that two system registered in Service market place and that's why two system number is coming and solution manager is not able to verify the correct one. so i have deleted one system and then deleted all the old license and appliced the correct license.

Regards,

Subhash

AplicacionesSAP
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, everybody

I also spent the same situation. I fixed on the tcode slicense, enter the user sap* in client 000 after being licensed and delete all entries allowed me to load the license files and the number of correct system.

It's done

Best ragards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks John,

worked for me!

Alex JR