cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving Storage Space

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm working on an archiving project, and management has asked for numbers on how much space we will save by performing archiving on each object. So for example, they would like the space used now by production orders, and the space we will save by archiving XX number of orders. Where in SAP could I retrieve this information for the various archiving objects?

Thanks,

J

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I remeber you can do an archiving test run on an specific archiving object and then go to SARA -> Statistics -> and see the amount of Disk and DB space.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see the statistics, but this will only show me for a run that was done. I tried doing a test run of, for example, all production orders from 07-08. This didn't show up in statistics. I'd like to get an estimate without having to set the orders for deletion or go through any work... is there any SAP transaction or report that shows database size or disk usage for archiving objects?

Former Member
0 Kudos

for each obejct, go to corresponding table and check table size before and after archiving. as a thumb rule, archiving gives you 80% space means if before archiving size is 100gb, after archiving size would be 20 gb, that too after table reorganization.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you look at this

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/6a/83bf3ab169cb17e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm]

Regards,

Muralidhar