cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scenario Offline Java and Abap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Which the difference in the scenario offline between Java and Abap?

My scenario I have a form offline and I need update the backend,

Tks

Ivo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivo,

the Adobe Document Service (ADS) is located on the Java stack of the SAP NetWeaver application layer. It is called using a Webservice. Programmatically it does not matter from where the form creation is called. Only the API differs:

Call using Java:

- You have to set the XML data and the XDP file to the ADS API (Java API).

Call using ABAP:

- After you created the form (using transaction SFP), an ABAP function module is generated that you can call.

- You only have to fill the interface data (e.g. deep DDIC structure), set it as parameter to the generated function module and call the FM.

We are using ABAP and Java (dependent on the product) for the form generation. But using ABAP is quite more easy and flexible. If you develp your forms in transaction SFP and generated them using ABAP function modules you have the support of the translation (using transaction SE63), too.

As summary I can suggest you using ABAP if you technology stack provides you the possibility.

Thanks,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for explication!

Regards

Ivo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivo,

You can build offline form in different ways for updating the data. mainly

1) Using Webdynpro ABAP / Java.

2) Using ABAP.

3) Invoking Webservices.

Depending on your skill set (ABAP/Java) and requirment in your company, you can use any of these technolgies.

Mostly if you have the requirement like email triggering and reading the form data from email and update the back end we will go for ABAP where you can use standard Function modules.

And if you have workflow involved for the form approval we will use WD JAVA / ABAP with or with out Guded procedures.

Hope it clears your doubt.

With Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Tks for the reply.

Other question, In the Form Offline creation, Has difference between using adobe ABAP or adobe Java?

Tks

Ivo