cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delete request in ODS??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can someone tell <b>if I need to delete previous request in ODS every time when I reload data from IS to ODS and why</b>??

I know that I need to do for Cube to aovid 'double load' but I am not sure about ODS. Can someone answer it? Thanks.

J.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John,

That depends upon the update type you have selected in update rule of ODS. If updatre type for key figures is set to "overwrite", no need to delete previous data. But if the update type is "addition", then you need to delete data.

Since thers is no option of "Addition" update type in Cube, old data is to deleted there every time same data is loaded through full update.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen,

Thanks. I will reward you after the system works.

Can you clarify one basic concept for me?

Why do some request have '<b>V</b>' in the <b>'data mart status of the request</b>' and some don't when I check my requests for one InfoPackage?

thanks

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John,

Are you refering to the "tick mark" in the manage screen of data target? It indicates the request has already been updated through data mart in the target structure. Please let me know if I didn't get your question correctly and you were referring to something else.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Does it mean that the request is schedule for delta load, right?

Thanks.

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John,

The tick means data has already been loaded into the target structure through data mart successfully.

Regards,

Praveen

Answers (0)