cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver mobile 7.0 vs Netweaver mobile 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new at developing mobile applications . I have to develop a CRM project on mobile and my BASIS admin asked me if NW7.0 mobile or NW7.1 mobile is necessary . I dont know the differences between them. I think NW7.1 mobile is needed, because all the help documents and forums are on 7.1...Could you help me on this subject...(with explanations on 7.0 and 7.1 mobile )

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to know the difference refer to :

/people/priyanka.singh3/blog/2009/02/26/difference-between-netweaver-mobile-70-and-71

If you are asking about CRM Mobile then you can refer to:

http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000716407&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&;

Regards,

Veera

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liji,

this time is more helpfull for me ...

thanx,

Regards,

Erdem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liji J Kunnath ,

at first thanx for your interest...

I have NWDevStd.7.1 and SAPGui...etc

then, for developing offline mobile project is it enough to install NW7.0 mobile or NW7.1 is must?

because, my Basis Admin said; he has NW7.0mobile now and is it necessary to get NW7.1...

thanx,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its recommended for new mobile projects to be realised with netweaver mobile 7.10 as it as more capabalities when compared to NW mobile 7.0.

With NW mobile 1.0 , you can develop both occassionally connected as well always connected applications.

You can see NW mobile 7.0 as a totally different product compared to DOE (data orchestration engine or nw mobile 7.10 ) .Its NOT just a new version of the same product.

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I second that. In other words, if you are planning for a new development - right from scratch, then 7.1 is your answer, and if you want to just enhance an existing solution like CRM Mobile or xApp like MAM, MTT then 7.0 is your answer. The blog link I gave above would give you all the basic comparisons you will need.

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

NW Mobile 7.10 also called as the Data Orchestration Engine(DOE) is altogether a new platform that is slated to be the successor of MI 7.0. You should be able to see the NW Mobile 7.10 installation in the SAP service market place and its part of SAP_BASIS 7.10 packaging. It is now generally available in market.

We mean that SAP NETWEAVER AS ABAP 7.1 is released and in the same netweaver stack , Netweaver mobile 7.1 is also available.

To install an SAP system or parts of an SAP system , SAP NETWEAVER AS ABAP 7.1 DVD is available .Usage type Mobile requires Application Server ABAP and there isnt any seperate installation unit for DOE(server side) alone.

But if you want to use the default mobile client with DOE, then additional installable units are required(SAP GUI for windows/ SAP GUI for Java,netweaver developer studio(part of nw CE 7.1) and sap netweaver mobile client 7.1 )

NW mobile 7.1 is seen as a product with stable archietecture that is scalable .

Regards,

Liji