cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in web service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a web dynpro application where in i am consuming web services from Xi 3.0.

In Xi 3.0 RFC's are exposed as webservices that are consumed in web dynpro application.

My question is, if I do a small code change in the function module do i have to again create the webservice and reimport it in web dynpro and deploy the application again.

If not please tell me what needs to be done.

Because in the web dynpro application there was a error related to function module.Then i did some changes in function module and it is working fine, but now the application is giving the same error in webservice.It means the changes are not reflected in the webservice.

Please give me a solution.

Thanks,

Shweta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

If you are changing the structure of the webservice then you have to reimport the webservice (model) in the Webdynpro project. If you are chaning only code (Business logic) you don't need to any thing.

Regarding your problem, did you tested your function module? If that is working fine, Is the code checked-in properly?

Regards,

Jaya.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta

If the code in the function module change, i think there is no problem, you can use this service with no change your code. Only if the sign of the service change. Then you need to re-import your service model, because the method change.

About the error, please, post the error to help us understand what can be happen inyour application?

regards

Marcos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am geting the below error in web dynpro application,

Service call exception; nested exception is: java.lang.Exception: Call to returned http code 500 with unacceptable content type (text/html;charset=utf-8).

The function module is working fine now and the code is checked in properly.

I was getting the same unacceptable content type (text/html;charset=utf-8) error in RFC before and after i resolved this error I m getting it in the webservice.

Any idea about this. Please help.

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

Just to confirm:

The function module which you changed and checked-in is in sap-client 100 only right?

Regards,

Jaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shweta,

I was trying to find this service, but i'm not able to find it. Can you pass the url of wsdl. Then i'll try to test this service.

Regards

Marcos.