cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP Types

Former Member
0 Kudos

First a disclaimer - I'm by no means an SAP expert. My background is in purchasing and materials management. I'm just trying to get SAP to do what my client needs!

Here's the scenerio. My client does not want to use safety stocks. They are looking for an MRP type that allows for a reorder point to be entered manually, and where on hand quantities, on order quantities, and current requirements are considered to trigger a purchase by the buyers. In addition, they want to use MD06 and MD04 to expedite shortages when current requirements exceed on-hand quantities.

PD requires a safety stock and prompts the buyers to expedite purchase orders even when there is existing, available, inventory - just because they are below safety stock.

VB doesn't seem to alert the buyers to current requirements as long as there is enough on order.

I'm looking at using Lot Size HB, and have considered V1 MRP Type, but wanted to consult with the experts here first.

Thanks in advance,

Ned

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No answer on this one? I can't believe this system ignores requirements when using re-order point, and prompts the buyers to expedite un-needed material when using safety stock! Neither way is satisfactory. I thought someone here might have an answer.

Well, can anyone tell me where I might find a list of MRP types with a good explaination of each? The drop-down in the system is pretty poor.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NedtheRed,

MRP type is to assign the procedure to be used to plan a material and to control which MRP parameters can be maintained for the material in the material master record.

You can check purpose of each MRP type at configuration in SPRO

SPRO>Production>Material Requirements Planning>Master Data>Check MRP Type.

Please go through the documentation available there.

Regards,

Rajarao.