cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Logout from AS Java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I have a question regarding auto logout from as java. Does anyone know how to manage this?

I know the profile parameters rdisp/gui_auto_logout and rdisp/plugin_auto_logout from as abap but i do not know if they work with as java.

All i want to do is to force a new login on as java after an idle time of e.g. 5 minutes.

Thanks for your help,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The termination of the Portal and all Web Dynpro applications as a whole is defined by the Security Session timeout.

This is an absolute timeout value, e.g. the default is about 27h, that always terminates the whole security session after the defined period of time independtly from any user interaction.

The expiration of the HTTP sessions is handled automaticaly and does not need to be cared about.

When the HTTP sessions are created they get the maximum of the application session timeout and the default HTTP session timeout. After the corresponding application session has been destroyed, the HTTP session gets a very small value to expire as soon as possible.

Go through this SAP NOTE to make the suitable changes:-

Note 842635

Also refer to NOTE 842878 for Session Management Information.

With Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Java is browser based so it will have a auto logout anyways i presume so.But still i think it may be done but never heard of .Any kinds of changes will have to be done in visual administrator .