cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlight Required Fields not working?

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We are having a very odd issue that I am wondering if anyone else has seen. It seems that for our non-US users, when they select "highlight required fields", it is NOT showing the required fields highlighted with the colored border (red, in most cases). For the US (English version) users, they are seeing the highlighted fields marked correctly.

So, I am wondering if this is a country/version issue? I have scoured the Adobe developer site, this forum, Google, etc. and have found no mention of this behavior.

For now, I have asked the users to verify their Reader settings for the "Highlight Required Fields" function since the user can change the highlight color as well as turn this feature on and off. I would think it would be "on" and "red" by default, but I don't want to assume that for all country versions.

Also, I have checked the translated XML of the form (SE63) and don't see anything in the tags that marks them as required or not.

So until we get word back, I am still pursuing this. Any ideas? Thoughts? Help?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no one else?

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The plot thickens...

On the SAME machine, we tested two different users through the portal. Launching the Adobe form via the "Start Application" of HCM Processes and Forms, the first user opens the form and the "highlight required fields" does not show anything. The second user does the SAME thing and all required fields highlight correctly. Portal and backend security are exactly the same for these users.

Weird.

Thoughts?

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok....EVEN more....

SAME two users....3 different machines....here goes......when the form loads in and "highlight required fields" is selected............

Machine1           Machine2                Machine3
                      Reader 8.1.4        Reader 9.0             Reader 8.1.4
                     ==========           ===========           ============
test_user1           no show                  SHOWS               no show
test_user2           SHOWS                    SHOWS               no show

We checked "Preferences..." between all 3 and saw nothing different. Even then, it would be odd that on Machine1, it would show correctly for one test user and not for the other.

I have thought about adding "app.runtimeHighlight = true;" in the initialize event of the forms, but I should not have to do this (and not sure that would even work).

Again.....ideas?