cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profit Center not getting copied from WBS master data to settlement rule

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am facing issues during settlement to G/L. From FI side we have set up some validations that the FI postings shld always carry a Profit Ctr. Now when I am doing settlement to B/S account, the profit ctr from WBS master data gets copied to settlement details and hence on FI posting (Credit line).

However when I am trying to settle to Expenxse/P&L account this is not happening. The profit Ctr is not getting copied from WBS master data to Settlement details and hence the settlement is not going thru. The profit derived is a dummy profit ctr and not the one on WBS master data.

I have posted this query on FI forum too but no satisfactory answers.

Pls let me know, what is the system behaviour....will the prof ctr on WBS master data gets copied on settlement rule details automatically ?

Sarang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this is std sap - you on 4.7

for the profit centre to come from the wbs you need to write a small exit and use the FI substitution rule

attach the exit in FI substitution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which exit do I use in OPSN? any thts or some exit in FI?

I am on ECC-6.0...

One thing to mention, the prof ctr is getting copied to settlement rules for Balance sheet account but not for P&L.This is more confusing...

Sarang

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as i said before std sap

P&L accounts are the one we post against in WBS

you need to use FI substitution with exit not OPSN - this is not a PS substitution